We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling and Sikkim Itinerary - 6 to 7 days!

Dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Darjeeling and Sikkim Itinerary - 6 to 7 days!

Hi all,

I'm plg a trip to Darjeeling and Sikkim as part of our honeymoon (cold January). Following is the tentative itinerary and I'd welcome any suggestions or question.

17th January - Arrive Darjeeling and overnight in darjeeling

18th January - Mountaineering institute, tea estates and bazaars - mainly relax. overnight in darjeeling.

19th January - visit to tiger hill for early morning to view sunrise over Kanchenjunga. also, visit Darjeeling Rangeet Valley Passenger Ropeway. overnight in Darjeeling.

20th January - drive to sikkim (Gangtok). stop at interesting places on our way and basically just relax that day and overnight in gangtok.

21st January - visit Tsomgo Lake and also, Nathula Pass. I've read that Nathula is open only for Indian nationals on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. I'm Indian and husband is Irish and we both would like to visit Nathula PAss - can this be organised by the travel agents? Overnight in Gangtok. how many hours would this trip take if we start around 10am. and can we do or see anything special in gangtok - basically don't want to stress ourselves by visiting too many places and just want to relax.

22nd January - Visit Tashi View point and pelling. overnight in Gangtok. again, how many hours would this take. I'm plg to visit Tashi view point early in the morning - what would be the best time.

23rd January - return to bagdogra airport.

- can you recommend any travel agents in gangtok who will organise the sikkim trip (as per the above itinerary)

- can you recommend any other view points from where we can get good view of the himalayan range - as per our itinerary we have tiger hill in darjeeling and tashi view in sikkim.

- any other suggestions or info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
284 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Darjeeling and Sikkim Itinerary - 6 to 7 days!

Debasish

May I request u to post a review of Pelling with photos please.

12. Re: Darjeeling and Sikkim Itinerary - 6 to 7 days!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 01, 2009