We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to buy pearl jewelry

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
54 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Good place to buy pearl jewelry

I will be in Chennai for business December 1 - December 11, so I will have 3 weekend days for shopping. I would really like to find some nice pearl jewelry to take home as gifts. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many of the 22k gold items are too expensive for me.

I will be staying at the ITC Grand.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place to buy pearl jewelry

hi

browse http://narayanapearls.com/ they are reputed in pearl jewelry and they have branches in Chennai

Or try another option "Max" show room inside citi center shopping mall Mylapore

Edited: 3:01 am, November 16, 2013
Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
84 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place to buy pearl jewelry

Haleybale -

Is this your first time visiting Chennai? If so, get a good driver either through your employer or the hotel. You may want to try "Pure Pearls" in Adyar, Chennai.Pure Pearls - 108/74 Padmanabha Nagar,

5th Street, Adyar -Ph: 988 409 1767

I have never bought pearls in Chennai, only gem pendants as gifts. I've bought pendants from "Gem Palace". They used to be located at the Sheraton ITC but moved the store when the Sheraton went under construction. They moved to the mall next door to the Hyatt Regency (this was in January 2013). Nice real gems in rodium coated silver (wont tarnish) from anywhere between $20 - $80 USD depending on the size and what the gem actually is - most come with chain.

Have fun shopping in Chennai.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
54 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place to buy pearl jewelry

Thank you for your suggestions. It is my second time in Chennai but don't usually have much time due to work. I'll probably be back again in the new year. I hope to find a few nice things plus some items as gifts from Spencer Plaza.

4. Re: Good place to buy pearl jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 24, 2014