We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Kiryat Tivon, Israel
2 posts
Save Topic
Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Hello friends

We are going for a one month family trip to South India.

The family include 5 person.

The trip start in Chennai and end in Kochi or Bangalore (haven't decided yet) 27 days.

Knowing the rough India traffic – the driver issue is very important to me .

1. I would be happy to get recommendation for a reliable driver.

2. So far I get 3 offers over the internet:

- driver & Car (Tempo Traveler) @ 5150 $ ( Inclusive of driver allowance, food, parking, toll and Inter state taxes )

- Tariff for renting an AC Tempo Traveler with driver on the itinerary mentioned above is 110000 INR. Including fuel charge, permit, taxes ,toll, parking.

- 75 $ per day

• All looks to me very expensive

• Would it be wiser to first get to Chennai and then look & bargaining for the deal ?

thanks

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

5150 $ converted to indian rupess rs.309000 is this the amount they quoted ? certainly not specify amount exactly

110000 inr also very expensive

visit www.fasttrackcalltaxi.in or http://www.friendstrackcalltaxi.com/ or http://www.bharathicalltaxi.in/ check the tariff mentioned in the website

For 5 people Toyota Innova will be comfortable ideal as you plan to drive long journey

No need to go for Tempe traveller as it could occupy 12 people

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Alen_10 @ I guess he is miscalculated as he is saying US$ 75 per day and for 27 days it comes 2025 USD. If it is US$ 2025 for Tempo , I do not think it is expensive.

For 05 person Toyota Innova is also a option but it would be too tight for 05 people + luggage for so long peroid.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Let's see whether your guessed amount be acknowledged by the OP

Mumbai
Level Contributor
397 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

For 5 people with Luggage for month, Innova may not suffice. It is better if you get quotes before hand and finalise the operator.When are you expected to travel.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Hi,

Inr.1,10,000 is good and reasonable amount for Ac tempo traveller..... as fuel is very expensive in south India, along with that you need to pay interstate taxes, toll taxes, parkings and driver allowance per day as well.

Its not very expensive for 27 days..

Thnx,

Get Travel's Addiction

Tamil Nadu, India
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Dear Oferha

Kindly make it clear the tour cost either in US $ or in Indian Rupees INR

If the tour cost is 5150$ it is very very expensive

If the tour cost is 110000 INR , it is a good rate for A/c Tempo Traveller

Tempo Traveller is very comfortable for a long trip and is spacious for 5 people when compared with Toyota Innova A/c

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

I am planning a trip to south covering Mahabalipuram, Pudduchery, Rameswaram, Madurai, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Kochi, Trivandrum and Kanyakumari. Will it be advisable to hire a cab from chennai? I have 12-13 days in Hand. What would be the best route? What else can be seen? Any Suggestion?

Prabhakar

Mentioned in this post
Mahabalipuram
Mahabalipuram
Kanchipuram District, India
Rameswaram
Rameswaram
Ramanathapuram District, India
Madurai
Madurai
Madurai District, India
Kodaikanal
Kodaikanal
Dindigul District, India
Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari District, India
chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Hi Prabhakarmani

Welcome to Tripadvisor

If you hire a cab from Chennai and trip till Trivandrum they will charge for return also from Trivandrum to Chennai

Chennai Mahabalipuram-Pondicherry-Tanjore-Madurai-Kodaikanal (skip Ooty and Rameshwaram)-Munnar-Kochi-Trivandrum-Kanyakumari

Option 2

If you want to include Rameshwaram -Chennai Mahabalipuram-Pondicherry-Tanjore-Madurai-Rameswaram-kanyakumari-Trivandrum

If you want to cover all the places you mentioned in 11-12 days it will be hectic as you always be in moving not able to enjoy destinations

Edited: 11:47 pm, December 24, 2013
9. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, June 09, 2014
chennai
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Renting car and driver in south India for 27 days

Hi,

starting point chennai to kanyakumari, take a single cab, since tamilnadu ends there.

from trivandrum to cochin take another cab, since kerala starts from there.