We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest pro's and con's regarding my plan.

chennai
1 post
Save Topic
Suggest pro's and con's regarding my plan.

Hi All

Santhosh Here!!!!

(Vacation period: Auguts 15 th August 19th):

August 15th:

Starting from room chennai (EGMORE) for catching the train KANYAKUMARI EXP( 12633) at 17:30 Pm ie 5:30 PM local time and it reaches destination on following day early morning August 16th by 7:00 AM .

August 16th:

• We will be booking rooms for accommodation and we will fresh up over there

• There after finishing all the activities we will go to Kerala, local site seeing and back to Kanyakumari.(Night Stay)

August 17th:

• We will enjoy the sunrise from the same room and there after we will vacate the room and Local site seeing in same place

• Then we will go to Madurai after finishing the Kanyakumari Local site seeing and reaches Madurai the same night and accommodation over there.(Night Stay)

August18th:

• Morning we will be visiting Madurai temple and local site seeing

• Need to start towards Rameswaram (Night Stay).

August19th:

• Morning Temple visit and Site seeing and taking rest and need to catch train by 5PM and it reaches on following day(August 20th) .

So please advice me regarding plan?

Moreover suggest me regarding sight seeing in above respective places .

Thanks In Advance

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest pro's and con's regarding my plan.

Plan is good go ahead

sightseeing KK and Rameshwaram auto or by walk

In madurai take a taxi or auto

Edited: 7:12 am, July 23, 2013
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest pro's and con's regarding my plan.

Rather tight schedule. How can you see Kerala and get back to Kanyakumari in one day? Which town are you visiting?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
361 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest pro's and con's regarding my plan.

From KK to kerala and Back, the schedule will be a bit to tiring it seems. KK itself has a lots of places for sightseeing. If you can be a bit more specific as to which places you are interested in visiting in Kerala, we may be in a position to help you better.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest pro's and con's regarding my plan.

Hi Santhosh,

Your are wasting much of your time in shuttling between the places.

You may consider this:

Arrive at KK.

Complete all your activities in KK and go by bus or taxi to Rameshwaram

From Rameshwaram take a train /bus to Madurai.

Complete all your activities in Maduai.

Then board the train to Chennai.time

( Fom KK, you can visit only Trivandrum city within same day that too in a hurry since you will spend about 6hrs in commuting only. Where is the time to see many nice places in Trivandrum?

Alternately go to Trivandrum first, complete activities there and reach KK and remaining tours as i have explained.

Anyway whichever you follow, all the best and happy travels.

Suru

5. Re: Suggest pro's and con's regarding my plan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Chennai (Madras)