We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks to go

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
9 posts
Save Topic
Two weeks to go

Hi all

Two weeks to touchdown at Chennai and looking forward, but i'm being warned that the heat is already oppressive (even by my local Chennai colleagues standards) and it is just the beginning of summer . . . Is it really that bad ?

thanks

Straw

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
111 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks to go

Oh Yes ... you can bake a cake out there. May is the work time to visit chennai, finish all outdoor activities before 7:30am.

It wont be much of a problem if you are travelling / staying indoors. Some of the attractions /places might not be air conditioned. Even the air conditioned ones will not be cool enough due to inadequate power.

Check with your local colleagues and they'll be able to help you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks to go

I am here at the moment, it is very hot. Humidity is very high which makes 35 feel like 45!

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks to go

SW0590

hope you are enjoying the sea breeze post noon. :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks to go

ummm... what sea breeze? As soon as you are 100m away there is no such thing! Coming from Sydey it feels like there is no relief.... I guess you get aclimatised to it to some extent.

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two weeks to go

i get the breeze 10 km away from shore...

may be you are expecting more than the the actual.

better move to hill stations :)

6. Re: Two weeks to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 18, 2014