We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amravati, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

Dear All,

I have serious complaint against Makemytrip company. They do all the fraudulent bookings on their site and I guess I am not the only victim of their this behavior.

While searching for hotels in Port Blair in Andaman for 17th and 19th Jan 2013, I came across Bamboo Cottage in Megapode Resort on this portal. Seeing it available for booking I straight away paid with my credit card on 26th OCT 2012 (2 Month and 20 Days before my intended travel) the amount for 2 night for Rs.7530.00 which was immediately charged on my credit card. Just after booking the message on portal suggests that I will get the hotel voucher in my email, which i got after few hours. My confirmation voucher number NH261202160172. This hotel vouchers says that my booking is confirmed and I need not contact hotel or makemytrip for the same.

And then to my horror I get a call from makemytrip on 9th Jan 13 morning 10.00 AM ​(75 days after my booking and JUST 6 days before my intended travel) that my hotel is still not booked and that they are doing everything that they can and that they will confirm to me and just hung the phone. Till time again, I have not got their any confirmation and on website the status is still waitlisted.

Now I am prepared to go to consumer court as well. I am sure I will not be the first person to do this and that they might be used to it but due to their this fraudulent behavior I have to look for any other alternatives or even to cancel my trip if I do not get a decent place to stay.

Please suggest me best way to do this. And also please warn other fellow travelers to avoid this Makemytrip portal if possible.

66 replies to this topic
Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

Very concerned to read this we have a 7 day tour of Kerala booked on 20th January 2013 with this company, flights, hotel and driver. We are coming from UK. Has anyone else had any problems with them?

Edited: 5:05 pm, January 11, 2013
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

If you are making a claim about this company i don't think you should be talking about.it on an open forum as it may go against you in court, if it got that far.

Have always heard good reports about this company.

3. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:53 am, January 12, 2013

4. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

5. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

ClaridgeDiane,

Makemytrip is one of the leading travel agencies. But no company is perfect. I've used them quite a few times. They.were real good except for once where they delayed my refund.

7. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:11 am, January 23, 2013

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,504 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

Hi claridgediane,

Since you already booked through makymytrip.com, and here at Tripadvisor there are mixed reviews about its reliability I think it will be wise to check the hotels directly over phone or mail that your booking is 100% confirmed

regards,

Alen_10

Gurgaon
Level Contributor
153 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

i have written before about a similar experience with me, where the hotel in Udaipur refused to honour the booking made through make my trip. I had to beg and plead with the hotel to give me a room as it was the night of 31 Dec, some years ago. My advice is to only book air line tickets with this portal, and double check by calling the hotel directly to make sure that your booking has gone through. Their hotel bookings really need improvements, as they offer a refund at the last minute, which is not very helpful, as it throws your entire program into a tizzy with last minute problems and looking for alternative accommodations, when you have booked so much in advance just to avoid this.

Poonam Gupta

oslo
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.

Though I have been using Makemytrip extensively and fortunately so far, I haven't had any serious issues...but I can understand your annoyance and it really hampers the mood even before the start of the holiday.

As some pointed out - and I do this all the time for flights & hotels booked online (with any portal). Once you receive an acknowledgement for your reservation, do make it a point to drop a mail with the right co-ordinates to the hotel (even if the website says its irrelevant). The best part is - THERE IS NO HARM TO DO SO :) !! And as far as the flight confirmation is concerned, once you have the e-ticket in hand you can always check on the airlines website with the PNR/call and check.

Good Luck next time bro !!

Reply to: Makemytrip.com is a fraud company. Please Stay Away.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted