We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
706 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Our agent has offered to book us into the Boat Club at 3K per night per double room. I checked TA and there seems to be no reviews for this property. Has anyone stayed there or visited there? Is it a tired and dilapidated place? What about the area? Help much appreciated.

Might mention that partner has difficulty climbing stairs - though can manage about 1 floor.

Thanks,

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Boat club is one of the posh localities in chennai.

Only the richie rich stay there!

But if you are there for touristy purpose not sure how far is it gonna serve the purpose.

But for Long stayers it is a good and quite place!

If u want some action and easy access to anywhere suggest anywhere on anna salai...

Cheers

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Hi

Do check with your agent if he is checking you in to "The Chambers" which is the resedintial quarters (6 or 7 of them if i remember right) of the Boat Club. If it the Chambers, these are pretty decent rooms (2.5K per night including breakfast). I've seen this almost 12 months ago and they were decent (nothing fancy but basic and neat).

The Boat club area is one of the high end places in Chennai and this club is situated in a decent residential locality. A great place for a good morning walk though at times the Adayar river on the banks of which, the club is located can get a bit smelly.

regards

Rajan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

I have visited this place(not stayed), a decent facility in a very decent area. Food is good and you can expect a decent service(in standards of a Club, not a full service hotel). Also bear in mind, there would be club rules in certain areas, which you should adhere to.

Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
706 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Danyawad everyone.

kuwait
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Hi, I will be in chennai for a few days in dec for a function in Anna Nagar, as a member of Trivandrum club I can stay in any of the following affiliated clubs: Presidency club, MCC, Gymkanan club, Cosmopolitan club, Gandhi Nagar club and towers club. Of these mentioned ones which one would you recommend in terms of comfort and safety as I will be staying alone

Chennai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Hi Towers club would be your best bet if you need to be at Anna Nagar during your visit since Towers club is located at the heart of Anna Nagar.

regards

Rajan

kuwait
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Thanks Rajan but how would u rate Towers club in terms of comfort, cleaniness they don't have a web site and I wasn't able to get any info online hence? I stay at Bangalore club regularly so maybe u could compare it on those lines.

Thanks

Chennai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Hi

I frequent B'lore club too. Let me put it this way: While there's nothing to complain about the comfort or cleaniness at Towers, I'd give it to B'lore club in terms of preference.

I would suggest you pick your stay based on where your work would be for the few days (apart from the function you are attending at Anna Nagar). I would personally rate Gymkana, Cosmo and MCC amongst the best clubs with great food and decent stay options.

regards

Rajan

kuwait
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Thanks Rajan but i am going to trouble you one last time of the 3 which one would u recommend for a lady traveling solo?

Thanks again

Chennai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at the Boat Club - any feedback?

Hmmmm a tough one. . .. maybe go with Gymkana . . .

regards

Rajan