We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Hi

Can anyone help me with suggestions for a fancy family restaurant in Chennai that serves alcohol?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Are you specific to a particular area or open to ideas? In Tamil Nadu, unlike other states, you may not find stand alone restaurants serving alcoholic beverages. Restaurants attached to hotels will only serve the same as the licensing for a bar facility, I think, requires the property to have lodging facilities. Hence,restaurants in all major hotels serve alcoholic beverages, with some stand alone also having this facility. If you may indicate your area of preference or budget or a cuisine, it would be easier.

I personally prefer the Barbeque Nation in T Nagar, Malgudi or Minar in Savera etc.

Regards

Prasanna

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Areas: Adyar, Mount Road, Nungambakkam, Alwarpet etc is fine.

Cuisine: Mediterranean or Italian. Thai is good too.

Budget: Well upto 3K (without alcohol) for 4 people.

Thank you so much Prasanna. Really like the professional touch in your replies. Almost always covers everything. Must learn :)

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Hi

Your location preference may well be out of the window, for cuisine + alcohol parameters narrow your options down dramatically.

MEDITERRANEAN

My all time favourite for Med food at Chennai is THE UPPER DECK at Taj Vivanta (earlier Fishermans cove). However, the only hassle is the long drive out to ECR. In my view, the pain of the drive to and fro is more than made up by the setting, ambience, food taste and the overall experience.

Good, Authentic Mediterranean food is served along with Alcohol at AZULIA a GRT Grand Days Restaurant at T.Nagar.

The Q Bar and the Vasco's at the new Hilton Chennai have a select range of Med and Italian foods with a great ambinece and good range of spirits.

The other decent places for Mediterranean food is Kryptos and 5 Senses, both on Khadar Nawaz Khan Road and Azzuri Bay in Gandhinagar, Adayar. However, none of these serve alcohol.

Shiraz Cafe on the East Coast Road is another place for Med food. However, i have had mixed experiences on the two occassions i had dined there. The first, was awesome (the spread and taste were great) but the next time was an average experience. Moreover, the travel to and fro is a killer.

ITALIAN

Italia at THE PARK (Gemini flyover corner) is on the top of the list for Italian Cuisine along with Alcohol.

FOCACCIA at the Hyatt is a good place for Italian and Alcohol

PREGO at Taj (Coramandel) is a good option for both as well.

BELLA CIAO is another great place for nice Italian, but there is no Alcohol and the drive up to Kottivakam is not within your Radar.

So with LITTLE ITALY - good food but no alcohol (Nungambakkam)

There are quite a few other Multi Cuisine restaurants which also have a few of the dishes on their menu under the Med and Italian headings, but normally it is confined to a Pasta or a Pizza or a Mezze or a Tapas

So, i think you really have some options to make.

"Bon appetit"

regards

Rajan

Edited: 11:19 pm, October 05, 2012
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Hi tintz27,

Thanks for those kind words. But, I was going to write, if you had found mine professional, what would you say if you were to see Rajan's, that too on a topic like food. But, before that, came the rocket. You may see that for yourself from our team's food dictionary.

Regards

Prasanna

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

have a look at Rhapsody at Marriott Courtyard marriott.com/hotelwebsites/…20Menu.pdf.

The Raintree Hotel on St Marys Road may also be good for the ambiance

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

WOW.

Such wonderful options. Unfortunately many of them are on ECR and I wouldn't travel that far.

But yes. There still are so many good places to choose from.

Thank you :)

Chennai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Hey Prasanna

Blush!!!, As an ardent Foodie, i do review these for a few magazines and blogs and am passionate about it. I did have one long list on my blog two years ago, which was featured on a leading magazine.

…blogspot.in/search/…20Chennai

I'm due for a major overhaul and am currently working on updating a new list. Will keep you all posted,

regards

Rajan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Hi Rajan,

I have gone through your blog and tried to do one for Coimbatore but it miserably failed as I am no expert in this blog thing. So it got shelved. Hope to see yours soon and am sure it would be interesting.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Hey Tintz27

I'm currently having lunch in a great place in Khader Nawaz Khan road called 'The Park Pod' in a restaurant named 'ITalia'. Good food and they do serve Alcohol.

Regards

Rajan

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant in chennai serving alcochol

Hey thank you so so much Rajan. Will keep you posted :)

Now there are so many more places for me to visit...!!!