We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worst travel agent in chennai

Texas City, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Worst travel agent in chennai

Dont even try to book a ticket with STG TOURS & TRAVELS, 55-C First floor, 1st Main Road,Anna Nagar East (Near Chintamani) Chennai-600102. I booked 5 tickets with them last year (MAA to IAH with emirates) for around 80,000. this year i asked them to book a ticket for aug 15. he said it will come around 1,20,000. he said he will give me a ticket with emirates for 82,000 on aug 23. he asked the passenger to come to chennai saying that he can confirm the ticket on aug 23 only. but he is asking more than 1,00,000 with multiple airlines from delhi. who will pay upto delhi?, i dont want to travel with multiple airlines. they will ask for these things at the last movement. but they will speak very very nicely until you get your ticket. you will trust them like that (i did the same for the last 2 years), hell such a worst experience. then i booked a ticket with yatra.com for 90,000 on the same day.

they will not pick up your call on the last day, their office staff will say they went to airlines office to get the ticket for you, other staff will ask you to go to airport, where he will come with the ticket.

finally they will not attend the phone. WORLDS WORST TRAVEL AGENCY.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worst travel agent in chennai

Emirates' web booking system has an automatic cancellation of reservation if the ticket is not purchased within a specified time limit. So it is hard for any agent to hold on the booking at a given price beyond a few days. This may have been a reason for the agent's problem.

Texas City, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Worst travel agent in chennai

Yes Sir, i completely understand and accept your point. But i am ready to pay the money what he is asking. I asked for a ticket Aas early as from august 1st week. he is the one said aug 23 is the day he had a ticket with good price. My concern is , if a agent give a commitment/ word about the price means he has ti stand on it. If he needs more money means he has to ask the traveler. i am ready to give money as i knew that aug is the seasonal time. He asked the person to come to chennai for boarding the flight. Believing his words the passenger is came to chennai. How hard for the passenger if the agent did not issue the ticket and BAD THING is he is not attending the passenger's phone calls.

Mr.Vasu, i purchased 5 tickets from STG travels. But last week i was treated like a [......]. I will STRONGLY recommend that do not even think of getting tickets from STG travels as they are very good on their words but not in action. they are MONEY PULLERS. Not a worthy agency in chennai

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worst travel agent in chennai

Ok guess you had your troubles with this agency. Noted. Personally I prefer booking tickets directly online, so may good sites (e.g. Expedia, Makemytrip, etc) are available.

Texas City, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Worst travel agent in chennai

Yes Sir, thats what I did. I purchased the tickets online. I am not going to get anymore tickets from agents, I am a person flying 1 time a year with my family to India. Now started to have visitors from India too. Makemytrip and Yatra are doing good.

5. Re: Worst travel agent in chennai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 15, 2013