We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloft omr

singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Aloft omr

Have anyone stayed in this hotel before? what are the conditions like? can anyone tell me what is going on in Chennai this week, I cannot seem to get a room in most hotel.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloft omr

Hi

December is the most happening month of fthe year as far as entertainment goes for Chennai.

The famous music season sets in during this time which is a huge yearly event when people throng the city from all places.

There are quite a few conferences currently underway in the ciity, ranging from medical to business conferences, which keeps the hotels busy.

The India Newzealand ODI is currently around the corner as well.

On Aloft, it is a decent starwood property, and a brand new one on the Old Mahabalipuram Road - the IT corridor of the city. I have not stayed there, but have visited their restaurants. I liked the food there. There are a few reviews of the same in TA which you can look up in the link below.

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g304556-d1821519…

regards

Rajan

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloft omr

Rajan my old friend ... how are you ... I'm in Chennai early next year as you know already for a cricket game or two. Would Aloft be totally out of the way. I mean would I be hitting myself for choosing it.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloft omr

Hi

Doing good. How about you?

Well, Aloft is not exactly close by in terms of location and rush hour traffic (2 hours in the morn and 2 during the end of day) can get quite messy.

However, the hotel is brand new and is being rated good by quite a few friends. So, if you factor for the traffic (leave the hotel early for the match and hang around in town a bit late after the day's game and head back after 10) then you should be OK.

Else, you need to look at something closer, like a Savera or a Taj Mount or Connemara (if your budget permits).

Check this link below for an idea on distances:

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Chepauk+Stadium,+Chennai,+Tamil+Nadu&daddr=aloft+Chennai,+Chennai,+Tamil+Nadu+to:Taj+Mount+Road,+Chennai,+Tamil+Nadu+to:146,+Dr.Radhakrishnan+Salai,,+Mylapore,,+Chennai,+Tamil+Nadu+600004+(Savera+Hotel+(Restaurants,+Bar,SPA,GYM,Banquets))&geocode=FaBSxwAdHvfIBCFh4syajKgEwQ%3BFfLWxAAd-y_IBCGHuEd7U3_oGw%3BFZ26xwAdXMPIBCFA5iYMhKbQrg%3BFTERxwAdb7DIBCGDT1_XzGKOjw&hl=en&mra=pd&mrcr=2&sll=12.994522,80.253754&sspn=0.318473,0.614548&ie=UTF8&ll=13.012586,80.26886&spn=0.31845,0.614548&z=11

regards

Rajan

Edited: 8:24 pm, December 06, 2010
Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloft omr

Thanks so much rajan ... Aloft is out. I love your maps and have learnt how to draw them now :-)

5. Re: Aloft omr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 06, 2011