We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South India visit

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
South India visit

I wish to travel to chennai in august. Can anyone recommend any tour agent who planned a great tour for them on a budget. I wish to travel from chennai, kanchipuram,mahabalipuram,pondicherry,tanjore, thiruchipalli, madurai, kopttayam,alappuzha,cochin and back to chennai.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South India visit

Hi Shyamala

Depending on how long you plan to stay at each of those locations, you can draw up a detailed plan.

The logical route would be from Chennai, Kanchipuram, Mahabalipuram, Pondy, Cuddalur, Perambalur, Trichy, Tanjore. All of these are on a logical stretch and depending on your budget and days of stay in each location you can mix a train and cab options effectively (the cab may be a better option for there are quite a lot of tourist places and temples along the entire stretch)

The Madurai, Alapuzha, Kottaya, Cochin segments are the ones i am not too sure about in terms of a train connection and maybe DE's for Kerala can pitch in.

Rajan

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South India visit

Dear Fiends,

What I really need is for a recommendation of a good travel agent who can plan my trip according to the places I mentioned above for about 12 days. I will be travelling with my family and there will be about 5 of us.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South India visit

Dear Friends,

I apologise for the typo error. My post actually meant "Dear Friends" and otherwise stated.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South India visit

Has anyone ever used indian panorama travels when in Chennai? Any feedback pls ?

Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South India visit

Hi Shyamala

I just returned from a trip to India and used Indian Panorama for my holiday booking out of Chennai.

They did a fantastic job and provided excellent service. The tour organiser (Prince)called me in Australia to discuss exactly what I wanted and how much I wanted to spend and within 24 hours I had a personalised itinerary (I travelled on my own), covering exactly the sites/places I wanted to see. I started in Chennai, hired a car and driver through them and went down to Mahabilapuram for a day. A couple of days later I flew to Cochin where I did a 5 day trip round Kerala (Munnar, Thekkady, Kerala backwaters on a rice barge and Fort Cochin), then flew to Delhi and travelled to Jaipur and Agra. The accommodation was exactly as described, the drivers were excellent, I was met at the airport in each location and was really impressed by the level of service provided. I would definitely use them again if I returned to India and would not hesitate to recommend them to others looking for a tailored itinerary and excellent service in the budget you propose.

India
Level Contributor
390 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South India visit

Last July, we hired a Tavera from Travel Junction, Chennai, did our own hotel bookings and enjoyed our holiday visiting Srirangam, Trichy, Thanjavur, Kumbakonam [incl. Darasuram, Konerirajapuram, Gangaikondacholapuram], Mammalapuram and back to Chennai. It was reasonable and very comfortable, at our own pace.

In May last year we did a similar trip in Kerala hiring a car and booking hotels from inspirekerala.com that was also most enjoyable at our own pace and to our itinerary.

As you have already decided your destinations, search the net for places to see, make a broad itinerary, select and book your hotels from the net/phone [Hotel Tamil Nadu chain in TN are reasonably priced govt run hotels, likewise KTDC has a chain of hotels/motels in Kerala], hire a car on a long distance rate plan at Chennai and get going.

7. Re: South India visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, October 17, 2009