We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about velankanni

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata
1 post
Save Topic
about velankanni

Kindly tell me , if I travel from Kolkata to chennai and then to velankanni how do I go .

I have planned to travel to velankanni with my family this October 2008. I have no idea how to go pls help.

Kumbakonam
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: about velankanni

hi,

u can go to velankanni from chennai via pondy on ECR

hope my advice helped you

happy journey

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: about velankanni

Hi Alex

Velankanni is almost 375 KMS from Chennai. The following ar the options:

Cab: The quickest route would be Chennai- Mahabalipuram (ECR)- Pondy- Cuddalore- Chidambram- Sirkali- Karaikal- Nagapattinam- Velankanni if you are taking a cab from Chennai.

Vellankanni is also well connected by extremely comfortable buses (i am told there are sleeperets in some of these !!). There are quite a few operators, but the famous ones are Rathi Meena. Their website should give you details(www.rathimeena.co.in).

Train: You will need to take an overnighter from Chennai to Mayiladuthurai (earlier called Mayavaram) and either take a local cab or bus to Velankanni.

Hope this helps

Rajan

3. Re: about velankanni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 08, 2009