We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Cardiff
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi I am off to Chennai on the 18th August, can somebody please tell me what to expect weather wise. Including the evening.

Thanks All.

I think I will be staying at the fishermans cove (what's it like ?)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Chennai is rainy now; my friend was there this week and he said they had intermittent rain. It's hot in the afternoons, and pleasant in the evenings, but muggy.

I've stayed several times in Fisherman's Cove. It is a five-star holiday/beach resort well outside the city but reasonably close to some of the IT Parks. I've always found the service good, and the food excellent. There is a tropical holiday resort feel to the place. The cottages are a small walk away from the main hotel, ours had a great view of the sea. The pool has a sort of island bar in the middle, you can sit in the water and have a drink. If you enjoy massages try the Spa.

We went snake-catching (yes, yes, cobras and vipers) from the hotel a couple of years ago.

We also went on a catamaran ride in the sea earlier this year. Try it if they're running it now in the rains.

You shouldn's miss a trip to Dakshinachitra, which is nearby.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

thanks very much for the reply, most helpful

3. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 07, 2009