We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An impromptu trip....

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
An impromptu trip....

Hello,

We are currently in Delhi and will be here for another week or so. Visiting from abroad, and I would love to show my 2 teenage girls another city besides Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore where my family is from. Any suggestions on where to go in this hot and humid weather? Preferably not too far from Delhi and of course a bit on the cooler side would be preferred.

Thanks to everyone who responds.....

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: An impromptu trip....

I think Agra is going to be a better option as a side trip to witness the Taj Mahal and few other sites too...since you will be so close to it avail an opportunity..........Delhi>Agra trip can be done in a same day by train or car.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An impromptu trip....

You may add Jaipur also.

Sanjiv

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: An impromptu trip....

Hi - As you are already in Delhi, so it is advisable to do a Golden Triangle tour i.e. you can add on Agra & Jaipur in your tour, these cities are well connected by road & rail.

Adding these two cities will increase the importance of your tour.

Regards,

Arun

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An impromptu trip....

If you are looking for cooler place then Nainital / Shimla would be an Ideal place. Agra & Jaipur temperature would be almost same as Delhi but Taj Mahal is worth to visit place. You may plan for Day trip to Agra also to see Taj Mahal.

Hari Mangal

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An impromptu trip....

Thank you all for your suggestions. My initial plan was Jaipur, but the thought of the heat there deterred me. Will have to rethink this.

We had a wonderful 2 day trip to Kasauli and really enjoyed it :)

6. Re: An impromptu trip....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 06, 2014