We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Channi Handicrafts & Textiles

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Channi Handicrafts & Textiles

We were taken to this factory store by our guides who gave us the explanation that they were a reputable company and guaranteed their work. This was a very standard selling point throughout our trip.

Without going into incredible detail - if we hadn't bought our bedspread with a credit card that we were later able to dispute due to incredibly shoddy, shoddy workmanship, we would have been out a lot of money.

Especially when you have items shipped (which means you basically give up on quality control) make sure you pay using a credit card as it's your only means of evening the score.

Santa Monica
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Channi Handicrafts & Textiles

I do appreciate the management for responding and letting me know of their personnel change.

My main purpose for the post was not to slam the vendor rather to inform travelers that paying with a credit card for items shipped is the only true insurance you have. I am confident that most travelers don't have negative experience.

I was therefore able to dispute the charges and my credit card company credited me back the charge.

I was however out the monies paid for the original shipment as well as the return shipment which ended up to cost me almost as much as the bedspread itself! It was my first time ever having something shipped overseas and perhaps this is one of the biggest challenges of having customized items shipped before you see the product itself. Just trying to increase customer's awareness here.

12. Re: Channi Handicrafts & Textiles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur