We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

i have two questions if someone is kind enough to answer.

1) Are the shops/ markets in jaipur open on sundays?

2) recommendation for a 4/5 star hotel not too far away from the shopping areas.

Thanks,

Roshani

jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

DEAR

The old city & M I Rd shops are closed on sundays in oyher areas they are open .

Rambagh palace , Rajputana shereton , Jaimahal palace are in close proximity to main shopping areas of jaipur .

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

You could have a look at the website of Anokhi and their photo gallery.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

Thanks! shops open at 10am I guess? And open till?? where can i find the website? just google it? Thanks again.

4. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, December 19, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

Thanks alot for the info. Could you tell me the shopping area or market names so that I could google the hotels around?

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

What kind of shopping are you looking for? The touristy shopping for souvenirs is all on the road between Jaipur and Amer. Trident, Holiday Inn are best for this area.

The more local kind of shopping is M I Road and C Scheme/Civil Lines. Rajputana Sheraton, Jai Mahal, Mansingh, Park Prime, Country Inn are all close to these areas

7. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, December 22, 2012
8. Re: jaipur hotels & shops/ markets

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013