We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

We had an amazing auto driver in Jaipur - his name is Salim Kahn and he ensured that we had the best time possible. He is very willing to tailor his service to your wishes - either allowing you to dictate exactly where you want to go or making honest recommendations based on what you say you want. He was friendly, warm and honest, spoke excellant English, and gave us the best tour of Jaipur I have ever had. He's willing to meet groups from the station and give them a free transfer to their hotel - and I can guarantee that on the way you wil decide to hire him for the whole day. Definitely call him - 9680802697.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

While this guy maybe a genuine person, all the gem/jewelry scams in Jaipur are carried out by auto drivers. If you are going to a destination and then asking an auto driver for recommendations, you just haven't done your research on TA. See - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g304555-i4767-k436…

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

I wasn't suggesting that one goes and buys jewels from him (by the way he never tried to make us buy jewels), merely that he was willing to recommend restaurants as per our requirements (whilst he did earn commission on this, he was always very open and we were always happy with his suggestions), itineries for the day, and suggestions of places to visit that were not in the guide books, and were excellant.

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
477 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

NPJAI doesn't mean that. May be Salim is a good auto driver but over all auto rickshaw wallas don't have good name.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

Hi,

you r Advertising him and his services ?

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

My wife and I recently had Salim as our driver, and of the drivers we had while travelling in India, he was the only one I would not recommend. We felt uneasy with him especially as he was pushy, and he kept trying to bring us into shops that we had mentioned that we had no interest in going to. If possible, try to find someone else.

6. Re: Salim Kahn - autorickshaw driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 18, 2014