We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Jaipur

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Jaipur

Hi, I've been reading reveiws on Tripadvisor about accommodation in Jaipur. I really don't enjoy staying in top end hotels but prefer something with character where you can open a window and turn on the fan rather than the air con. I decided and booked a room at Sunder Palace even though there are a few bad reviews but lots of good ones too. The hotel guy was very friendly in his emails and as we are starting our Raj trip in Udaipur and finishing in Jaipur, he said he could organise a driver to pick us up in Udaipur and take us on to Jod, Jais, Bik and then on to Jaipur to stay at Sunder Palace. Has anyone had experience there with this hotel when it comes to them supplying driver and car for long trips? I also read that quite often you don't get the room you thought you had booked, the last thing I want is for this trip to be ruined because of a badly organised driver and car to cover some 10 days on the road. Any information and help from members would be great. Thanks

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Jaipur

It would be better for you to take your car from Udaipur as you would be able to see the condition of the vehicle and have a trial day excursion around Udaipur before committing your self for 10 days.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
763 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Jaipur

Hi,

" sundar palace " is good choice for ur stay in jaipur.for taxi-car check on TA recommendations,here u will find lot of informations related.

But be carefull also cos many time informations r not right,peoplle advertising and making self promotion by diffrent names.

have a great time in Rajasthan.

vijay gautam.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Jaipur

Barry, I am sure sunder palace is a good hotel and Abhinav is indeed quiet friendly. They have comfortable and affordable rooms. Very near to M I Road which is heart of the city. But cannot say about the driver / car. Cause as per knowledge they do not own cars. Instead you should search for professional company for Car Hire in Rajasthan.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Jaipur

I would get more info and more quotes before you comit to this driver as cars booked through hotels are generally more expensive, we did the trip with Rajwadi Rajastan tours, the driver didn't speak much English but he was able to understand what we wanted to do and see.

Jaipur, India
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Jaipur

janak palace nice home hotel

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Jaipur

Check it out. This is Trip Advisor Jaipur hotel link

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g304555-Jaipur_Rajast…

7. Re: Accommodation in Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 06, 2013