We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
281 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

The difference between the two hotels about 10K, so I want to make sure sure I chose the one that is best located and room/service/experience is nice. Would you choose the Marriott or the Rajputana if you had the chance? I had a talk with a fellow TA who had stayed at the Rajputana and he recommended it whole heartedly though he did say he was not aware of how the Marriott was. Can anyone from Jaipur or someone who has stayed at both weigh in on this? We will be staying for 3 nights next month and will have kids.

Thanks,

D

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
778 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi,

I will also suggest you to go for ITC Rajputana.A good hotel near town with good services,great food and close to jaipur rly station..Marriott is also good choice but little far from town.

New Delhi, India
8 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi

Location wise Rajputana is better than Marriott though there are other hotels close to Marriott like The Lalit, Radisson etc.

Agree with # 3 "The ITC Rajputana is not located in an area where you could step out and feel comfortable"

When in Jaipur consider staying one of the Heritage hotel like Samode Haveli, Taj Jai Mahal Palace, Taj SMS or there are many within all budgets.

Because of Metro work going on around Rajputana, walking paths are disturbed and also there is no market nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Rajasthan, India
Level Contributor
53 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi... I think you should go for the Marriott and not ITC Rajputana Sheraton. Am based in Jaipur only so i keep on visiting these two hotels. There is some renovation work going on in the lobby at Rajputa and also as this is next to the metro construction site so there is a lot it noise and vibration in the property. So there are good chances that your sleep quality here would be bad. Only USP of this hotel is the central location but the area near by is very poor and not very pleasing. Taking about Marriott, this is a new property with excellent rooms and good food. Only 10 minutes from the airport but has good connections by road to the city. Not much traffic you'll find there. The swimming pool is also very beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi Desirees,

As per my point of view I would suggest to stay at Marriott as it is situated at quiet place, clean and food is very good here. It is near to the airport but it has good connection to the old city by road. But I would suggest if you are in Jaipur, stay at Heritage Hotel like:

Hotel Dera Mandawa

Hotel Samode Haveli

Mandawa Haveli

Raj Palace

You can have a look to above hotels.....as these hotels in the city center.

Reading,
Level Contributor
46 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hi, don't know if you have decided yet but I would agree with Sonia's comments above regarding a Heritage Hotel. This prompted me to add a review of the Samode Havelli from our trip last year, copied below. Hope this helps. We stayed in the Samode Haveli last year and would thoroughly recommend it. The hotel is beautiful with either the most ornate decorations or paintings in the older style rooms or, as in the more modern room we were given, a larger suite with bedroom, large lounge, dining room and private courtyard. Location is just great, tucked away inside the city walls yet still quiet enough not to be bothered by noise. We ate in the restaurant on each night, not through lack of adventure but because we were generally worn out after very hectic days. The food was really good, wide choice and well cooked. There is an indoor restaurant but we took all but one of our meals in the courtyard. We wanted to make the best of our simply gorgeous room so asked for room service one evening. The people in the hotel could not have been more helpful and the quality of food remained as high as other nights. As with some other reviewers, we also stayed in the Oberoi in Agra before coming here. It is obviously not up to the incredible standards of the Oberoi but then we only paid a fraction of the price. For us, this was a different type of experience for a very reasonable amount and we felt more in touch (although still well cosseted) with the city than we would have done in some of the more anonymous international chain hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
281 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to respond...I researched all the hotels suggested, and have decided to go with ITC Rajputana..the overall reviews on TA played a role, but the absolutely positive interaction I have had so far with the ITC Rajputana staff was the deciding factor...

We leave for India early next month and I will put up reviews of all the hotels we will be staying at - Taj Palace (Delhi), Wyndham Heritage (Agra) and finally, ITC Rajputana (Jaipur).

Have a great weekend,

D.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur, India
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

Rajputana ITC near city need best rate this hotel

mail me jaipurhotel@gmail.com

Jaipur
Level Contributor
5 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

well I think you should stay in Rajputana . Nice rooms great food good location . Cheaper in comparison to Marriott

Jaipur, India
4 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

i think you should go for ITC rajputana as it is loacted in the heart of jaipur.

MARRIOT is a new property and it is basically a bussiness hotel. so i prefer you to opt for ITC rajputana. MARRIOTT is too far from the city and as you mentioned that you want to go for outing in the city so ITC rajputana is much much better option for you

20. Re: Please help me decide between Marriott and ITC Rajputana.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 13, 2013