We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

Hi everyone!

We are planning a visit to India in December as a family and would love some input/advise for anyone who's from Jaipur and even other regions. Here's a bit of backgrounder on us for you so you can get some insight in our travel needs.

I was born in India and migrated to Canada when I was 2, with the family but we all returned to India when 12 and I stayed till my early twenties, so am familiar with India and travel in India and have family & friends.

Wife is Indian also but from U.K, she has been to India as a child but not since the last 25 years.

Kids- 11 yrs, and 14 yrs. Both born and bread Canadian, never been.

Here is my itinerary any advice would be greatly appreciated-- I know it's long and may be boring to read but I'd looooove to have your take on this and any recommendations if you feel necessary.

Dec 06- Dec 25

Arriving Mumbai Dec 6- heading strait to our village where my uncle has a home in Gujarat, we are spending a few days with him and then over to another close city, where my aunt who resides in London has a vacation home which we will be using (home is immaculate & ready to reside in).

We are planning on just chilling out for the next 2.5 weeks their as I have some friends and relatives, plus we want to take in everyday life and do normal things like stroll in the bazzars in the evening perhaps catch some movies and go out to dinner. Just a very low key relax few weeks. Take the kids to local area favourites of mine while growing up in India, my schools and my other city friends.

Dec 25-30th Jaipur

December 25 we're heading off to Jaipur (we haven't decided if we're going to take a driver with a AC Jeep from Surat, Gujarat which would be a 12-13 hr drive or drive to Ahemadabad and take a flight to Jaipur, which would be a 4 hr drive to Ahemadabad and then I believe a 2 hr flight, so with arriving 2 hours prior and checking out another 1 hr or so would bring the total flight rouge schedule about 9 hrs.)

Checking into Jaipur hotel Dec 25 check out Dec 30

Here is where I'm planning on spending 5 nights in Jaipur, once again taking in the city and culture as a whole with some rest and relaxation, not going crazy on the sight-seeing routines, everyday perhaps sight see 1 or 2 attractions a day. I like lounging with a drink and good book/magazine some afternoons or evenings, maybe take in some local traditional dance/music performance. Is there a desert area perhaps with tents and traditional dancers/musicians?

Checking out Dec-30. Going to Delhi-

I'm thinking of taking renting a large jeep that comes with a driver are there any available in Jaipur? Since the standard taxi would be too small to fit 4 of us and 5-6 bags,.

I was considering the train but thought of the hassle of loading the luggage from the hotel to train station and from train station to hotel in Delhi. I don't mind spending the xtra few dollers for the luxury of just loading it once and then straight to Delhi hotel.

Check in Dec 30th in the Grand Godwin Hotel in Delhi- a basic simple hotel.

We are planning to take in some Delhi sights on the 30th, then on morning of 31st go to Agra leave at 4 or 5 am to reach Agra to see the Taj at sunrise, then tour the Taj and some Agra if necessary and make our way back to Delhi.

- Jan 01 take in some sights of Delhi and start winding down since we have a flight Jan 02 at 3 am coming back to Toronto.

How does the itinerary look?

11. Re: 5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:55 am, November 30, 2012
12. Re: 5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:55 am, November 30, 2012
13. Re: 5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, November 24, 2012
Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

You could consider taking an overnight train from Surat to Jaipur. A superfast train from Mumbai passes Surat on its way to Jaipur. You could get off at Sawai Madhopur which will come prior to Jaipur and consider a stay at Ranthambore Wildlife Sanctuary. You could travel Sawai Madhopur to Jaipur by train as well.

At Jaipur you can consider spending an evening at Choki Dani, visit the Amber Fort where you have an option of climbing the ramparts on elephant back. The Rambagh Palace used to have a dinner with entertainment offer, not sure if it is still on.

You could hire an SUV ( Innova/Tavera/Scorpio) from Jaipur and go to Agra as already suggested and spend a night at either Bharatpur or at Agra itself, and leave for Delhi the next day. Jaipur to Agra is about 230km and to Delhi is about 265 km. Agra Delhi is about 200km. If you go from Jaipur to Delhi by car you would be charged for at least 530 km.Besides you would be doing 265+ 200+ 200 km as opposed to 235+200 km, which will add an unnecessary 3 hours of travel

When traveling by car better to travel in daylight hours 7am to 5 pm for inter city travel.

15. Re: 5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

Removed on: 6:40 pm, December 10, 2012
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
763 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

Hi,

Hotel kanchandeep,u r making ur own advertising here,this is not place to make advertisement,yes.

Vijay Baba Haveli.

17. Re: 5 nights in Jaipur recommendations needed

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur