We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

I got details about Jaimini Shastri, renowned Jaipur tour guide, from Frommers website - frommers.com/destinations/…3510010002.html.

We contacted him and have booked him for our Jaipur trip in November. I couldn't find any mention of him on TA except under a review of a hotel.

Could anyone please share their experiences with him?

I will write about mine after our visit.

Janu Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive Pvt. Ltd.
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Multi-day Tours
Rajasthan Tour by Car and Driver
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Heritage India Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

I am afraid I have never heard of a Jaimini Shastri who is a guide in Jaipur. The Frommer link you give is not working. Dont go by posts on websites. A lot of people generate these kinds of posts to publicise themselves. It is best to hire a guide through your tour operator or hotel.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

Mr. Shastri's name is on the Frommer's Guide itself, both print and online versions, so it is not a case of self-promotion.

In addition there is also a review on Fodors, by a tourist who says the person is knowledgeable and well-spoken.

I would suggest that you go with this.

Edited: 9:35 am, July 21, 2012
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

npjai,

the link has an extra "." at the end. Try without it -

frommers.com/destinations/…3510010002.html

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

Deepa, I have seen Mr. Shastri's recommendation on Frommer's online and print book, Fodor's and NY Times. I was wondering why there is no discussion/recommendation on TA forum. So I was looking for people who has availed his services to share their experiences. We anyway has booked him for 1 day tour of Jaipur in November and will surely share our experiences here.

Thanks!

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

The NY Times looks like it just copied off Frommer's?

Not many guide recommendations on TA, except for Agra. That's because several guides from Agra are on TA as members.

- Deepa

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

Hi

Being a tour guide I know Mr. Jemini shastri,who worked for many years in udaipur and later shifted to Jaipur. He is state level guide and holding yellow card.

He is an experienced guide with broad knowledge about culture religion and history of Rajasthan.

You will be not disappointed if you hire him as a guide.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

I posted the original post asking for experiences with Jaimini Shastri guide's services. Now having availed his services I can definitely recommend him to others. He has vast knowledge of history of Jaipur and surroundings. We booked him for one day sightseeing of Jaipur on 22nd Feb. We planned our own itinerary and agreed it with Jaimini - Start at 8:00 AM with Amber Fort visiting Hawa mahal on the way, then Jaigarh fort, Jal Mahal, Jantar Mantar and finishing at City Palace.

He also arranged a car (AC Tata Indigo) and driver. He charged us INR 950 for his guide services and 1800 INR for the car hire (inclusive of all taxes and parking).

Jaimini can be emailed at shastri_guide@yahoo.co.in or can be contacted at +91-7597213009 and +91-9214314168.

8. Re: Tour guide - Jaimini Shastri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 07, 2014