We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need all travel info!

Illinois
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need all travel info!

I will be visiting Jaipur for 2 months in Dec-February. What will the weather be like? Is it safe for a female to travel alone there? I would also like to visit the Taj Majal and Bombay while i'm there. How far away and can I travel to these places during a weekend off. I will be working during the week and will have only the weekends to see other places. I was told to hire a driver, how much can i expect this to cost for 2 months? Thank you to anyone who can help me with what to expect. This is my first time in India. Very excited to visit.

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need all travel info!

Jaipur is simply unforgetable and weather in december - february will be cold so need to have some protection and i found jaipur i should say rajasthan pretty safe for a female as i travelled all alone and hired a car from jaipur to do whole rajasthan and would highly recommend their services. About visiting taj mahal during weekend its around 250-300 km so you can go their on weekend. Bombay is far from Jaipur i don't know the Kilometers but for sure you cannot make it in weekend but there any many other places which you can visit at weekends such as Jodhpur, Udaipur, Pushkar & Bikaner. If have any other querry kindly post.

London, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need all travel info!

Hi Cashmere

Dec and Jan in Rajasthan will be really cold so u need to carry woollens. Feb will be a very pleasant month though.

Taj Mahal is in Agra City which is in Uttar Pradesh State. As already advised you can pack it in a weekend, by train or road.

About Bombay (Mumbai)... it is the capital of Maharashtra State located on Western coast of India and the biggest metropoils and financial capital of India.

If you take a superfast or express train from Jaipur, it will take you 24 hours to reach there. A better option is to take one of the numerous flights (both usual and budget airlines) that fly between Jaipur and Bombay. Will be a 2 hr journey.

How about going to Delhi (India's capital) instead? It is 5 hours from Jaipur by Road and can be clubbed with Agra. There is lots to see for sure.

London, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need all travel info!

And about the driver, my guess is that hiring a driver for 2 months on a monthly salary basis should cost you somewhere between 4000 to 5000 Indian Rupees per month. Maybe lower depending on terms of job.

4. Re: Need all travel info!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur