We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camera fees

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Camera fees

A few places we are visiting on our trip charge camera fees.

Is that charge per person or per camera... The reason I ask is that I take 2 DSLRs out with me (saves changing lenses in dusty conditions) as well as a small compact - takes great panoramic photos without the hassel of getting out my tripod taking 2 images and merging them later, perfect for holidays when my long suffering husband is waiting while I take photos ;-)

One DSLR is normally out of my camera bag and the 2nd and compact are always inside it. Do you have your bag searched or will I just be asked to pay for the one outside of the bag?

Jaipur
Level Contributor
693 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camera fees

yes there is a per camera charge. generally, the officials are trusting- so no one checks the bags but they do look up what you are carrying and if you have the appropriate tickets.

I do not recommend cheating regarding something so simple. So make your decision accordingly.

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camera fees

Thanks

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
477 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camera fees

Many time it happens that in a group of tourist they get only one camera ticket instead of all the cameras and mentioned this to the official that we will be using only one camera. later they share those pictures... most of the time they will allow this.. but it will depend on the official whether they will allow this or not on each monument...

Do not hide it just mentioned it that you will be using one camera...

India's Invitation

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camera fees

Thanks for the advice, wanted to understand how it worked.

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
477 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camera fees

Their is no rule for it. Need to be polite and keep a big smile on face and the then ask the ticket official that we are two people but we will be using only one camera. So may we take ticket for only one camera. 90% chances are their that they will say its fine. Then will ask you to keep one camera in the bag. This will be the only and the best legal way to do it...

India's Invitation

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camera fees

I'll do that, thanks again

7. Re: Camera fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 21, 2013