We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

choki dhani

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
choki dhani

i travel jaipur in nov2011.i have 4 night in jaipur.i read lots of about choki dhani. my query is

1-distance from jaipur to choki dhani & mode of transport

2-if i book a taxi for that what is the cost of taxi for both way.

3-plan for 3 days jaipur visit & ajmer puskar iso includ

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: choki dhani

Here are the answers of your queries :

1 - The distance is about 20 kms, taxi will be convenient mode of transport.

2 - It would charge approx. Rs.1200. From 6 to 10 p.m.

3 - Day1 : Arrival, chokhi Dhani at evening. Day2 : A.M. Amer Fort, P.M. City Palace, Observatory. Day3 : Day trip to Ajmer & Pushkar.

AshisRoy

Edited: 12:29 pm, September 03, 2011
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
763 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: choki dhani

" Chokhi dhani " is one ethnic village theme restaurant,to-day which is well known and attracts lots peoplle.

[1] its arrond 20-23 kms far from jaipur on tonk-road after sanganer air-port.

[2] to get chokhi-dhani taxi-car will be good choice and its cost will be arround 900/- rupees.for both side.

[3] you have 4 nights,so you can visit properlly jaipur city with all main attractions like-Amber-palace,city-palace,jantar-mantar,hawa-mahal,jal-mahal,monkey-tmeple and many others.

and if u like u can also enjoy a day trip also to ajmer pushkar.

Jaipur, India
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: choki dhani

1) The distance between jaipur city to chokhi dhani is around 22-25 kms.

2) It will cost you around 600-700 for both ways.

3) Since, you have tour of 4 nights so u can do it as follows:

Day 1: Arrival and check in to hotel, dinner in chokhi dhani

Day2: Jaipur Sight Seening : Amber forte, Nahargarh forte, Jaigarh forte, Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, city palace, Hawa mahal, Birla Mandir.

Day3 : After Bf proceed to ajmer & pushkar, Visit Ajmer Sharif , Pushkar Lake, Brhma mandir. Drive back to Jaipur by evening or you can have a overnight stay there. (2 1/2 hrs drive one way).

Day 4: After BF proceed to Jaipur (if stayed in Pushkar) or go for shopping, (if stayed in Jaipur) later departure for onwards journey.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: choki dhani

do remember that all places in Jaipur the museums and the forts and palaces are closed for tourist after 5 PM so plan accordingly

and chowki dhani opens at around 5-6 in the evening so you can visit all this in one day if you want

Edited: 5:39 am, September 20, 2011
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: choki dhani

I'm going to Jaipur (Paradise Hotel on Sikar Rd) in November and would like an estimate of how much it would cost for my wife and myself to take a taxi to and from Chokhi Dhani to see the folk dancers and musicians at the ethnic village plus have dinner there. ......Also, are reservations necessary ? .......randy44@gmail.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: choki dhani

I'm going to Jaipur (Paradise Hotel on Sikar Rd) in November and would like an estimate of how much it would cost for my wife and myself to take a taxi to and from Chokhi Dhani to see the folk dancers and musicians at the ethnic village plus have dinner there. .............randy44@gmail.com

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: choki dhani

reservations are not required

and the cost of a taxi for a to and fro ride would be close to 1000 rupees

if you want the general experience where they make u sit on the ground in an open area to have your food then the entrance ticket would include the meal but if you want a luxury experience then take the royal thali where musicians and dancers will entertain you as you enjoy your meal

8. Re: choki dhani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur