We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montville, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Hi from Australia - We are travelling to Jaipur in February 2012 and would like some advice on hotel recommendations. We loved Samode Haveli, but it is not in our budget. Also looking at Jas Vilas (but unsure of location), Umaid Bhawan or Hotel Pearl Palace. We are looking for heritage and convenient location. Would love any help out there.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

We stayed at the Umaid Mahal which is the sister hotel of the Umaid Bhawan, they're not real heritage hotels but we absolutely loved it and the Butter Chicken we had at the rooftop restaurant is the best we've ever eaten

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Take a look at Naila bagh palace, Diggi palace, Hari Mahal Palace, Narain Niwas palace, Madawa Palace, Alsisar haveli and shahpura house.

Check these out and once you have short listed a few i can tell you more one your chosen options.

You can post here if you like any of these and have any queries.

will be more than happy to help.

Montville, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Thanks, We are deciding between Alsisar Haveli as the location is close to markets, restaurants etc., Shahpura House, but it seems a distance being in Bani Park or Umaid Mahal, also in Bani Park.

All seem fabulous. What is your opinion. Love to hear from you.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Alsisar haveli - Diggi palace - Shahpura house are the best options. Shahpura house is known for its services and hospitality.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Hi JoanneGriggs

Pls see the Indian Heritage Hotels Association website for a list of approved heritage hotels in Jaipur - http://indianheritagehotels.com/

Hotels not listed on this website are not heritage hotels. There are hotels recommended on this thread that are what I would call "New" heritage hotels built in the heritage style but not meeting the requirement that IHHA has of these buildings having to be of a certain age. However such hotels (like the Ummaid properties in Jaipur) can also be nice.

In a lower budget than Samode Haveli, these would be very nice heritage hotels -

Alsisar Haveli, Narain Niwas, Diggi Palace

Have a great trip!

- Manjari

Srinagar, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Shahpura House, Alsisar Haveli, Bharat Mahal Palace, Mandawa Haveli. All these are nice and well known for there service.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Shoot Alsisar haveli, much beautiful than rest and get the touch of rich heritage of Rajasthan.i found its the most luxurious one's and still not so expensive.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Hi Joanne,

Shahpur house is in Bunny park and bunny park is very central, so i wont bother about the location at all. Now coming to the question of Heritage hotel:

1.Naila Bagh Palace- Thakur Fateh Singh Ji’s (Ex prime minister of Jaipur State)-18th century residence has been converted into a heritage hotel. So very much a heritage hotel. They just became a hotel a few yrs back and the owners still live in a portion.

2. Diggi palace, Narain Niwas palace, Madawa Palace, Alsisar haveli are all listed on the site recommended by TGS.

3. Hari Mahal Palace- Hari Mahal Palace, was built as a city residence of Rajadhiraj Hari Singhji of Achrol, and it dates back to 1930. So definitely heritage.

4. Shahpura house- 200 years old created by Rao Hanuwant Singh. Rao Dhir Singh gave the buildings at Shahpura a face lift. He also restructured and refurnished their old palatial house in the Pink City in 1956, which was converted into a Hotel in 1991-92 by Surendra Singh ji and named as SHAHPURA HOUSE. So definitely heritage.

Feel free to look up all these, some may not have taken membership at The Indian heritage hotels association, hence they are not listed I guess.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks

Malaysia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Hi,

I would highly recommend Sikar Haveli, We stayed there during our trip in February and were very pleased with the rooms and the services of the staff. The location is a plus point as it is located within a short distance to the tourist spots and shopping area.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heritage Hotel recommendation in Jaipur

Hi Joanna

I will recommend you Diggi Palace - great place and wonderful people - this is a really great option

Enjoy