We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle

Staines, England
4 posts
Save Topic
Golden Triangle

Have 7 nights and want to start from Dehli and do Agra, Jaipur areas. After heading to Mumai & out.

Easier if I number questions, I think.

1) Best way from Kolkata to Delhi? (carrier names if by flight) & approximate cost. What is information on alternatives to flight & cost/time differences?

2) Best itinerary for Golden Triangle if we have opportunity to stay w/someone in both Delhi & Ragisthan area (believe Jaipur)?

3) If we DON'T have opportunity to stay w/someone, suggestion for good 4* loding near sightseeing and itinerary?

4) Where can we travel to within Triangle and still make it back to Dehli or Jaipur each day?

5) Any recommendations for reasonable lodging in Maharajha Palace in Rajasthan near sightseeing?

6) What 4* or better hotels, including Taj's, are located near both shopping/city center & BOM airport?

Thanks so much for time and consideration in all of this. First time to India - really excited and very confused. Trip is mid March - 2 people.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Triangle

Hi Kathie,

I think you should do a search for golden triangle itinerary in the forums first. There are plenty, I do mean plenty of itineraries discussed in previous posts. Maybe you can find one to your liking ?

For flight options from Kolkata, try www.yatra.com or www.makemytrip.com

Gives you all available flights, prices, options on the one page

Hope that helps.

alleppey
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Triangle

1. Flight www.indianairlines.in / flykingfisher.com

or check out makemytrip.com / yatra.com / cleartrip.com / travelguru.com

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Triangle

1) Apart from flights you can also consider the trains

2) 7 nights - Delhi (2 nights), Agra (1 night), Jaipur (2) Shekhawati (1)

3) 4* is not the same here as what you think. Better set a budget per room per night and post that

4) See above

5) Jaipur - Narain Niwas, Alsisar Haveli, Bissau

jaipur,india
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Triangle

for staying with families while travelling in india i find the website www.hostelworld.com very useful.

try checking out some of the homestays and one can make good choices while reading the reviews posted by the travelers.

while going to agra dont miss the bird sanctuary at bharatpur and you can stay the night there too.

happy travels

5. Re: Golden Triangle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, October 20, 2009