We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

choices

NYC
Level Contributor
330 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
choices

Going to Jaipur for 3 nights in Aug, and considering Taj Rambuagh vs Raj Vilas. I have read the reviews and they seem to come out about even. Which hotel is better?

Taj seems to be winning the review war - but we get a better rate at the Oberoi

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: choices

Ram Bagh Palace is a better location and an authentic Ex Palace. Its beautiful. The Raj Villas is out of town - there is nothing around it - its a destination and its all new (10 plus years old). Beautiful but........... Ram Bagh would be my choice every time. Its truly India.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: choices

You really need to decide what you are going to be doing in Jaipur and what kind of a hotel you would prefer to be in. If your aim is to relax and take it easy, enjoy a great spa, have good food and do just a little bit of sightseeing, then Rajvilas is your hotel. If you want to absorb the heritage of Jaipur, are keen on sightseeing (so you need to be centrally located in the city) and want to stay in an authentic palace where once the Maharaja of Jaipur lived, then Rambagh is your choice.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: choices

I am agree with npjai..

4. Re: choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur