We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather

My teenage daughter and I are traveling to India (Golden Triangle tour)for the first time in 2009. We're wondering just what the weather is like in early April. We are used to heat/high humidity in the summer months where we are from. Also, my daughter (who has a very kind heart) wants to give candy to the children but I'm not sure if this is acceptable. Thank you for any info.

jaipur,india
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

yes its hot in april in north india. it will be 39 degrees celcius and no humidity. so u have to keep cool and avoid the strong day sun.

candy is welcome and the street beggar kids are always wanting them. but be aware that it can snowball and many kids can be aggressive in demanding candies and sometimes your clothes may get torn too!!!!

happy travels

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Yes it is hot in April. Upper 90ies or even 100s.

Jaipur is not humid but Delhi and Agra are.

I am in Jaipur right now and it IS hot.

Re. candies, I would say NO in the cities. In small villages where children do not see too many tourists, maybe. The more you give, the more they ask. An OK idea is to bring candy to a school and give them to teacher. Same with pencils and pens.

As a rule give nothing to street people even though your heart will be broken manny times as it is creating a lot of problems like kids beg instead of going to school as it brings money to the family.

Write to me perso if you want more info about Jaipur and Golden triangle as I spend a lot of time there.

go1to20@aol.com

Faridabad, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

weather will be fine in april and giving candy to children is very good idea.

4. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur