We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice!

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Advice!

Im planning a trip that goes something like this:

delhi>agra>jaipur>rathambore>jodhpur>udaipur

(im not sure if this is the logical order as it is just from the top of my head)

Should I squeeze Kanha Park in Madhya Pradesh in this trip too??

*Okay so in Delhi I have family but might stay in hotel..if i do i think it would be a chain hotel (not sure yet) suggestions welcomed!!!*

Agra planning to stay at a Taj hotel (one night)

Rathambore Devi Villas, would love to do the Aman resort or Oberoi but I think I can save $ here. (one night planned, 2 nights max)

Jodhpur: pal haveli, has decent reviews and im only planning for a one night stay and I really dont care to be honest.

*****DOES IT SOUND GOOD SO FAR*****????

Question 1>

JAIPUR

So far my hotel choices are pretty inexpensive (have budgeted for more)..should I stay at the Trident Hilton or should I save some money and stay at the awesomely reviewed Pearl Palace hotel?? (2-3 nights??? how many do you think)

Question 2>

UDAIPUR

Im genuinely on the fence on whether to splurge on the Oberoi here!! it seems so tempting! i would be travelling with family that lives in India but it is really expensive in terms of Indian rupees imo actually $$$'s too =S (even though my family is pretty wealthy i think it may be putting them in an awkward position if they don't wanna spend the money on it, right??) Is it really worth the money or is there another place I can get a very good luxurious experience here? or I wouldn't even mind staying at a great budget hotel (hidden gem :D) if it comes down to it. (2 nights max)

Also a little off topic, Im going to be traveling in the North also and doing a Mumbai(hilton, taj or intercontinental)>Goa(park hyatt)> Kerala(kumarakom lake resortl) trip too, if that matters when giving me advice since these hotels are a bit spendy...i havent even thought about the north yet i want to get the delhi to udaipur trip sorted out first! and then the south one! anyways thanks in advance for feedback.

jaipur,india
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel Advice!

i found mewar inn in udaipur a great place to stay specially when kids are around,

www.jaipurbedbreakfast.com had a great place too at jaipur. renuka hotel in jaisalmer was a steal. all these places are helpful, have people who plan your day and give reasonable advice and also allow you to use the internet.

sometimes, the sad part in rajasthan cities is that the moment you get down at the rail or bus station the aggressive tuk tuk drivers will want to hijack you to a hotel of their choice. so one has to be very firm about where one wants to go. they will often take you around the city twice and tell you that they cant find the hotel you have named and then force you to go to their hotel...

so better to book in advance where you plan to stay.

happy and safe travelling

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel Advice!

Jaipur you should stay at a local, but NICE place. I visited Jaipur in March and stayed here...LOVED it. nice friendly staff, very clean, cool atmosphere and reasonably priced, etc.

Dera Rawatsar , JAIPUR - 302016 (INDIA) http://www.derarawatsar.com/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel Advice!

re. jaipur - i recommend the pearl palace, all the way! it's affordable, has a great restaurant, terrific service, and decent rooms.

whatever your choice may be in the end (budget or luxury): CHECK FOR BED BUGS. take the sheets off and inpect the mattress.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel Advice!

oops....inSpect!

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotel Advice!

I have recently returned from India and we have stayed in Alsisar Haveli in Jaipur. It had nice rooms (ours was a suite for 4200 Rs + tax), good service, decent breakfast (not included) and great atmosphere. We did not have a chance to use their pool as it was too chilly at the beginning of January. And while it is in a noisy part of town, the building itself is located back from the street and is very quiet. I would stay there again in a heatbeat.

Fort Myers, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotel Advice!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in November and it was great. Not being a "seasoned traveler", I was a little nervous about where to stay and decided on this hotel for the "known" factor from the franchise name. (This was my first trip to India).

The rate was only 3200 Rs. The room was an average Holiday Inn room and very clean.

The staff and service was superb.

This hotel is located in the northern part of Jaipur which makes it very convenient for a day trip to Amber (also highly recommended).

New Delhi...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotel Advice!

Hi

Im tired even before responding...so i will touch upon briefly-

Go for heritage hotels instead of luxury five stars

ranthambore is gud enough..but if u r hell bent on entering MP then include Bandhavgarh as well (assuming u r a tiger lover)....having said that...bandhavgarh and kanha is like seeing tigers in a different terrain(different than ranthambore..thats it)...but if its just tigers...Ranthambore is enough...maybe extend ur stay in Ranthambore if u want...i guess thats about it.

have a pleasant trip!

18. Re: Hotel Advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur