We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any restaurant tips ?

Northants
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Any restaurant tips ?

We are visiting Jaipur shortly, staying in the Rajvilas for 2 nights.

Any recommendations for really good restaurants (pref both non-veg + veg) that are accessible from the hotel?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

No restaurant suggestions for Jaipur?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

Hello my dear friend ,

how r u ? my friend u stay ay hotel raj-vilas and do u want to know a good restaurant but i recommendations one restaurant it is not a five-star but food is really nice i try lot;s of time there food is so testy . the restaurant is hotel pearl palace roof-top restaurant .

have a nice holiday

with best regards

ajmeratours

Pune
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

If you are looking for simple, decent Indian food, I'd recommend Arya Niwas restaurant. You can find their location map at:

http://www.aryaniwas.com/a_map.html

Then there is Laxmi Mishtan Bhandar (aka LMB) for Rajasthani Food and sweets. You can check them out at

http://www.hotellmb.com/Restaurant.htm

I recently visited Jaipur and loved the food in both these places

tonk
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

lovely food at Nirose ( Non Veg) Natraj and LMB (Veg) costly yes but really good

Europe
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

Try out

Rambaug Palace or

Indiana or

Padao Cafeteria. at Nahargarh.. Well this is just kinda chill out place and not a restaurant..

May be you can plan to go Nahargarh FOrt in the evening at around 19.00 Hrs have beer and then move out to Rambaugh Palace..

All the best & enjoy your stay in Pink CIty.

Warm Regards

Deepak DHandh

Miami
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

CTLAW- This is really a small world ! I just came on to look for restaurant tips for our trip to India in Dec. I was quite surprised to see a post from CTLAW. The last time I saw that name was in January or Feb. when I was on the Israel forum planning our trip. last March, to Israel. CTLAW, when are you going? We are leaving on Dec. 3 .

I do not want to eat in hotels if I can help it, but I want to stay healthy. I LOVE Indian food. We would like moderate prices for authentic food not touristy places. Has anyone got suggestions that would be reasonably accessable from what seem to be centrally located ( in most cases) hotels by taxi in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Khajuaho & Varnasi? I would greatly appreciate all help.

CATZMOM

Miami
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

CTLAW, BTW Did you make that trip to Israel? CATZMOM

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

to catzman: We also will be in India in late December and going to all the places you mentioned; maybe the same tour ! Bottom line; we look forward to getting thoughts and ideas of god retaurants in all the cities mentioned. Have a great one and we hope it will not be too cold !

Delhi
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

Hi all, here is my list of good restaurants from jaipur.

For lunches:

1. Surabhi ( famous for its rajsthani as well as north indian cuisine.

Menues avalable in various languages.Cooking and clay oven demos + a wonder and well planned turban museum.) Not ideal for dinners.

2. LMB ( delicious and authentic food but strictly vegetarian).

3. Niros ( expensive but always full. Great food)

For Dinners :

1. Spice Court ( great place, nice food and live music)

2. Indiana ( touristic but worth a recommendation, live dances)

3. The indian restaurant at the Hotel Country inn and suites.

4. Indian restaurant at the jai mahal palace hotel.

5. Peshawari at the rajputana Shareton ( great ambience and food from the north west frontier).

Bon Apetit !

mumbai
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any restaurant tips ?

Go to moti mahal in delhi for good butter chicken