Welcome && Swagatam!
I presume that most folks here came from "Mumbai on New Years Eve" thread. If not, that's ok too. This thread topic was motivated by the thread I just mentioned. The "Mumbai on New Years Eve" thread primarily discusses WHERE to find great parties in mumbai. If you go through all the posts (some 50 so far) in that thread, you come up with one name: ENIGMA @ JW Mariotts. So, THAT'S WHERE THE ACTION IS THIS NYE!!
As I was reading through the other thread I noticed a slight hint of some people wanting to hookup in mumbai. However, not much light was shed on the topic (as it was not the main focus of that thread).
Well, here I am to do the honors. I would like to suggest the following Format for this Topic:
- Time/Duration in Mumbai
- # of people in the party
- Still looking for
- Hooking-Up Preferences
- What to come-out with at the end of NYE
Note: This is a rough/starter format. Please feel free to add other informative headers.
So, based on the above format, here's my info:
TIME/DURATION IN MUMBAI:
Dec 28 - Jan 2 (5 nights)
Durham, NC, USA
# OF PEOPLE IN THE PARTY:
Married couple in early & mid 30's. Based in Durham, NC, USA. for last 17+ years. We are the perfect balance of West & the East in terms of our culture and likings. We LOVE Bolly && Holly WOOD.
My wife and I are looking to see the mumbai "beyond the caves". That is, we are not interested in victorian architecture, museums, etc. We are looking for the best eXperience in the following categories:
- Dining:: Upscale and Authentic with the right "ambiance"
Ambiance bole-toh - Upscale can be the trendiest
restaurants etc. Authentic can be the dhaabas hidden
deep within the big city.
Kandahar @ Oberoi, Indigo, Zenzi, Mani's Dosa,
Bade Miya, Khyber-Khyber
- Shopping:: Same deal as above. No, I don't mean shopping @
dhaabas. We're looking for upscale as well as value
- Clubbing:: Don't get us started with dat!! That's the essence of
why we're really coming to Mumbai!! We're in for
checking out the trendiest of trendiest cl/p-ubs.
1. Enigma at JW Mariotts
Others: Vie, Rain, Olive
- Site-seeing:: Food/Snacks is usually our "angle" when it comes
to site seeing :-)
- Gateway of India,
- Elephanta Island Cruise,
- Chowpatty & Juhu Beach (chaat-shaat)
STILL LOOKING FOR
- GOOD HOTEL to stay at. Mariott quoted me $2500 USD. A
bit steep I might say. Can anyone recommend?
- Would love to spend the NYE w/ KooL folks
- Would also love good company to watch 1 or 2 bollywood movies
in one of the premier theatres
- Would love to hang-out in general (see plans section)
WHAT TO COME-OUT WITH AT THE END OF NYE
- Best NYE to-date
- Some good friends that we can hook up the year after :)
- One helluva MUMBAI eXperience
This post has gotten a bit long. So, I didn't take time-out to proof read. Please overlook "speeling" and/or grammatical errors.
Above are my details and plans for mumbai during NYE. Please post yours if you're interested in hooking up. Cheers.