We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

Save Topic
Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

Hi all

I will be travelling to Mumbai late July for a few days. I understand its monsoon season which doesn't bother me at all, actually enjoy the rain, however wanted to know if bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants will be open as usual??

Guessing as its a large city then they will be?

Other option is to travel to Goa, however I read that its not a good time to go as most of the bars etc are shut down for monsoon season??

Thanks in advance.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,856 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

Hi,

Rains or no rains.. nothing dampens Mumbai's spirits.

Everything will be normal. Do party in Mumbai.

Cheers

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

Mumbai is a big city, the bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants remain open throughout the year. Don't worry, have fun!

There are also monsoon destinations near Mumbai: Lonavala-Khandala and Matheran, in the Sahayadri mountains which you can visit from Mumbai for a day.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

Hi,

Does Mumbai ever shuts down ? No, definitely not.

You can party hard and enjoy. Goa has a different reason for some bars/restaurants to close because of the off season.

Enjoy

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

Hi Andy,

Come hail or storm, Mumbai is always open for drinks. Rest assured about that. You should definitely visit Cafe Mondegar and Cafe Leopold IN Colaba. These places are a must see when you are around. You will find a lot of pubs (like On Toes and Alfredos) between Bandra and Juhu.

As regards to Goa, yes, you will not find any restaurants on the beach front. However, places like Tito's are a hit all throughout the year. Practically every restaurant in Goa serves drinks. You have to visit O'Coqueiro while in Porvorim. I am a pro when in comes to drinks in Mumbai and Goa. Do not hesitate to ask any questions when in doubts. Cheers!!!

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

No bars or entertainment places or hotels shut in Mumbai because of monsoon, though this happens in Goa like you mentioned.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

Nothing shuts down in Mumbai during the rains unlike Goa, at the most the trains and buses might shut down due to a heavy downpour and flooding but the bars will remain open all throughout the year unless it is a DRY DAY which means that it is shut down by the government on certain days of the year like during election days and certain holidays.

7. Re: Mumbai in Monsoon for Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 02, 2015