We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 Berth Coach for 1st AC in Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Train

I am travelling in Mumbai - Delhi Rajdhani train with wife in Jan. I have booked 1st AC coach. During online booking from IRCTC, it didn’t asked option for – 2 Berth coach or 4 Berth coach.

I want to get 2 Berth coach. Please guide me what is the possible way or whom to approach to ensure my conformation in 2 Berth Coach and not in 4 Berth Coach.

Thanks!!!

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,748 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Berth Coach for 1st AC in Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Train

Generally , 02 seats booking people get 2 Berth Coupe , if you are allocated 04 berth coupe may ask TT to change it with fellow traveler.

New Delhi, Delhi...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Berth Coach for 1st AC in Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Train

SUBHASH CHANDRA, NTPC NOIDA

My first time travel in AC 1 of New Delhi Mumbai Rajdhani – Good food, very good service & an amazing experience

What is strange about AC1 is that even if u book way in advance, the seats/ cabins r not allocated till the day of journey.

Service started within 30 minutes of the start of journey. The server came in & pulled out two foldable tables from one corner of our cabin & set them up. He served freshly made thick vegetable soup. After a gap of almost 20 minutes, came the main course. Almost everything was freshly made. For cereals we had long grained boiled rice & freshly made tawa rotis. For main course we were served Very simple, not spicy, very tasty. The ice cream was standard ice cream. Next morning breakfast we had options – egg omelet, Banana, Bread toast, milk, cornflake etc. Overall, quite an interesting & memorable journey – look forward to some more in future.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,842 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Berth Coach for 1st AC in Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Train

Thanks for the description.

CarLInk

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
12,393 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Berth Coach for 1st AC in Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Train

Happy to note that DPSCHANDRA enjoyed the food. But, plagued by complaints on the quality of food, railways has decided to change the menu in its premier trains. In order to provide value to passengers in the different regions, popular items from the north, south, east and western parts of the country will be introduced in the Rajdhani. Passengers will also be given the option of going for pre-cooked food of reputed brands on the Rajdhani, trains. So, happy days are ahead

5. Re: 2 Berth Coach for 1st AC in Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 12, 2015