We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would this work ?

Bickington, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Would this work ?

Hi

I have booked flights to Mumbai in Dec and plan to travel by trains/buses as far as Cochin. From Cochin I fly back to Mumbai and then home.

Day 1-3 Mumbai

Day 4-6 Aurangabad

Day 7 -11 Goa

Day 12-14 Mysore

Day 14- 17 Cochin

Am I trying to do too much or is the above possible using sleeper trains where practical ? Am I missing anywhere en route that I should consider ?

Thanks in advance

Edited: 5:27 am, August 20, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,613 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would this work ?

Please see this map which I created for you. http://goo.gl/maps/FrRMz

You need to do Mumbai - train to Aurangabad - train to Goa - train to Cochin - road trip in Kerala and Karnataka ending in Mysore - train/bus to Bangalore - fly to Mumbai

Mumbai - Aurangabad - there are day trains as well as overnight trains.

Aurangabad - Goa (Madgaon) - there are no trains, but you can go upto Daund and change trains. Or go to Pune, spend a couple of days and then go to Goa. Or return to Mumbai and then go to Goa.

Goa - Cochin (Ernakulam) - there are overnight trains

Cochin to Mysore - you should do a road trip in Kerala that gets you to Mysore (for example via Wayanad)

Bickington, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would this work ?

Thank you so much for your time and trouble.

Unfortunately I have already booked my flight from Cochin to Mumbai so Bangalore is no longer an option.

Maybe I could swap Pune for Mysore ? Or think of a way to get from Goa to Mysore and then back to Cochin ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,613 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would this work ?

From Goa you can go on a road trip, I suggest Goa - Hampi - Hassan - Mysore.

4. Re: Would this work ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 22, 2014