We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dailies tours in Mumbai

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
352 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
dailies tours in Mumbai

Hello,

Give me please some reccomended tours I sould take in Mumbai.

How is the Tour of Dharavi Slums in Mumba? how long does it take and can I take it from any hotel in the city?

thanks

Mumbai Magic - Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Be The Local Tours and Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Royal Bombay Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Top Communications - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dailies tours in Mumbai

Thank god tours to Dharavi are not sold by the hotels. It is a slum with one million people living there, not a sightseeing attraction. There is one tour operator in Colaba.

If you like to see (it is quite interesting), go with a guide living in Dharavi himself or go on your own. Take a train to Mahim Jnc. or Sion for Dharavi.

Take care

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Dharavi
Dharavi
395 Reviews
Mumbai, India
Mumbai
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: dailies tours in Mumbai

You can book on line with www.neetabus.in for Mumbai Darshan Tours at Rs.250/- or so. It is a good operator but the buses are just basic for Mumbai site seeing and cost effective. Pl. ask the guide to provide ticket counters for entry to various places as there have been complaints about fleecing Rs.650/- per head towards entry fees without providing counterfoils.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dailies tours in Mumbai

Slums are not considered as a tourist attractions. Therefore many tour operators don't provide service in that area.

You could get hold of someone living close to Dharavi and take you there, or arrange a reliable Taxi to take you there and show you the place. It's a huge place, largest slum in the asia, don't try to venture to go alone, you will be lost.

You could do nice shopping for leather products on the Main road that connection Sion-Bandra.

Edited: 12:34 am, February 12, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Dharavi
Dharavi
395 Reviews
Mumbai, India
Muelheim an der...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dailies tours in Mumbai

We took the Dharavi tour with Reality Tours and Travel. We made arrangements well in advance because they only take small groups (according to their website the max. group size is 6). The tour was very interesting, and I strongly recommend to visit Dharavi with a guide and not on your own (as JeyaB says, the place is huge). Reality T&T provided plenty of background information and insight (if you go on your own, you most probably won't go into workshops, houses etc.).

I can also recommend Reality Tour and Travel's "Mumbai by night tour", we saw places (at night) that we otherwise would never have seen!

Mentioned in this post
Dharavi
Dharavi
395 Reviews
Mumbai, India
Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dailies tours in Mumbai

I agree with Andrea... My boyfriend and I did the Reality T&T and we were very impressed.

vancoouver b.c
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dailies tours in Mumbai

hi anyone

we are comming to mumbai for 8 days & staying at the itc centrel .

can anybody help or give us suggestions how to plan our tour off mumbai in 8 days . we need a car & a guide.

2- what is to see & do ?

3- how much will it cost a car & a driver for 8 days

thanks

Edited: 6:16 pm, February 25, 2013
7. Re: dailies tours in Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 27, 2014