We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

Leeds
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

I'm heading to Mumbai today until the weekend. My partner would like to get some suits / shirts tailored but given the time period, could anyone recommend places for this? We're staying at the Taj so ideally close by.

Thanks in advance!

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

Hello Clementine22,

I know two tailors who can do the job in 24/36hrs. So if you feel send me PM and will provide their details.Thanks

Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

Hey to the two of you in this thread ,

I just found your post. I will be in Mumbai in mid August, but for only 24hours. I wish to have a suit tailored. As you say it takes 24-48 hours, should I have my measurements taken here and then forward them to a tailor in advance. Along with images of the suit which I'd like mine to look like?

Many thanks

Ben o'Neil

Edited: 1:53 am, June 14, 2013
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

Hello Ben o'Neil,

It is made to measure. They will take your measure personally you to select the material &suggest your suited style and the tailor will deliver it within 24-48hrs.To the best of my knowledge no pre measure or style selection will be necessary.

Dar es Salaam, Dar...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

Hey I will be in Mumbai in Sept. Any chance I to can get your made to measure tailor contact

Dar es Salaam, Dar...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

Hey I will be in Mumbai in Sept. Any chance I to can get your made to measure tailor contact

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

hi there, i just saw this thread. I will b in mbai through Sunday. can you please provide taylors address. I am staying at the Novotel in Juhu.

Thanks,

Frank

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

Relatives from the US of A who have explored this option have reached the conclusion that getting a suit customised there works out to the same in terms of cost as Made to Measure. It takes time to turn around since the measurements are sent to Bangalore where the factory is.

Made to Measure is the best option going for tailored suits here, yet not perfect. Not cheap by any means, but people living here who want a decent suit have only this option.

In case MumbaiResident can recommend anyone better, it would be a good tip for my husband :)

8. Re: Mumbai suit tailor recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 14, 2014