We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-3 days in Mumbai

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
341 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2-3 days in Mumbai

Hi,

I will arrive to India for my first time in my life, and have a flight to Mumbai.

I will stay in Mumbai 1-3 days and then fly norther to Delhi and take a tour over there for about 3 weeks.

1. How much time do you suggest me to stay in Mumbai? (1 day is enough?

2. please help me manage those days in Mumbai?

3. Hotel - any suggestions for good hotel (not guest-house) that is going to be in a good location and clean, hot water, private bathroom

thanks

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

1. 1 day is too less for Mumbai. I suggest 3 days.

2. Some ideas here tripadvisor.in/Travel_Guide-g304554-Mumbai_B… plus do got through previous forum posts.

3. We'll need an approximate budget for hotel suggestions. You should look for hotels in South Mumbai (Churchgate/Colaba/Fort/Marine Drive etc) Addtionally, if you search for 'hotels' on the forum you'll get lots of info.

Edited: 4:27 am, December 08, 2012
Hyderabad
Level Contributor
69 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

Hi Sandy,

We are planning to come Mumbai for 3 days. Can you please very to stay, we would like to visit, Siddi Vinayak Temple, Haji Ali & Mahalaxmi Temple, Gateway of India, Chowpatty Beach, Juhu Beach, pls suggest if any more places, we want to spent more time on this places not just passing this places.

Rakesh

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
69 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

Hi Sandy,

We are planning to come Mumbai for 3 days. Can you please suggest where to stay, we would like to visit, Siddi Vinayak Temple, Haji Ali & Mahalaxmi Temple, Gateway of India, Chowpatty Beach, Juhu Beach, pls suggest if any more places, we want to spent more time on this places not just passing this places.

Rakesh

4. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, December 15, 2012
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

Elidelid and Rakesh143 - There are hotels of a variety of budgets in Mumbai. So depending on your budget, we should be able to suggest you good hotels in good areas.

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
69 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

around 2000/- per day...

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

Hello Elidelid,

For one of your days in Mumbai, I would suggest you spend an entire day in the 'Fort' area. There is no exact definition of that area but you can literally anyone that you want to go to Fort and they can direct you. You will find plenty of things to see and do viz; sightseeing, good food and shopping.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

You might want to visit

Gateway of India

Prince of wales Museum

Shivaji Terminus

Mani Bhavan Haji ALi Dargah

Flora fountain

Mount Mary Church

However due to high traffic and the design of the city oyu should prepare your itinerary before hand. Browse the tripadvisor forums for more reviews or use online trip planning solutions like http://triptern.com/plan/wizard to prepare entire optimal itinerary in a few seconds

9. Re: 2-3 days in Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 22, 2013