We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Which is the safest hotel a woman on her own can stay in Mumbai?

She will of course need to be picked up from local airport and dropped off at international airport. Her flight is at 7am in the morning but will get to Mumbai about mid afternoon the previous day. I can only spend reasonable amount of money, i.e. not be able to afford the top end hotels.

Anyway, I look forward to your recommendations.

Thanks.

vashi, mumbai
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Just type Budget hotels near international airport Mumbai on Google and you will find sufficient information about it.

There are many affordable hotels near international airport and even having pick up and drop facility to airport too. Hotel Solitaire are one of them offers comfortable accommodation with modern amenities to its guests. Check it out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Thanks Vashi.

I was thinking more in terms of a woman staying on her own in Mumbai.

One hears of sad stories and therefore the question.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Hi RobieSlick,

Please do mention an approx. budget. You could look at Hotel Sea Princess in Juhu though. A friend of mine, a lady, always stays there, alone, when she comes to Mumbai.

Edited: 2:03 am, November 27, 2012
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Hello RobieSlick,

India and specially Mumbai is very women friendly. Have exclusive train service during peak hours only for ladies also had bus service( I am not sure whether still on) But have exclusive seats on all local buses only for ladies and even the local trains have exclusive ladies compartment some 21x7 when it runs in the city also have exclusive Ladies taxis driven by lady chauffeur.But still do not have exclusive only women's hotel.

But one Mumbai Hotel Grand Hyatt- Santacruz has female friendly only Ladies floor and offer Non-smoking guestrooms with no connecting doors located close to the elevators. Only a female butler and female attendants will provide in-room services.And are offered :screening of all incoming calls past 10pm

For to and fro airport drop & pick up she can put to use Taxis only meant for Females driven by Lady driver and are available at both the airports or can booked over phone.Some of them have booking counters at both the airports.They are run under the name of Priyadarshini, FOR-SHE, Viira, Ladies Cab service,

There is The YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association an international movement that unites women from over 100 countries sustained through women's leadership.

They run The YWCA International Centre, a medium sized guest house situated in Colaba .But they do cater to families and even male guests although run by a organization under the head YWCA.They have very economical tariff and many foreign tourists patronize the same you can visit their site http://www.ywcaic.info/index.htm and see if it could be of help . .

Edited: 3:18 am, November 27, 2012
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

I recommend the YWCA, I have placed several people there on visits. A single room from £30, taxi from airport 600 rupees, return to airport in the quiet period of the morning 450 rupees.

mumbai
Level Contributor
35 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Try hotel star Sarah, or google it out or try www.makemytrip.com and you select area near airport. Also I suggest hotel transit, or baba international near airport they are cheap and safe

Vienna
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

I think you want your wife to put up some where near airports and if it is so why not try Homestay for her with some family. What languages she speaks and understands ? Go to Google and search for homestay in Mumbai. May be you will have a desired solution.

Edited: 8:52 pm, November 27, 2012
Mumbai
Level Contributor
129 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

check out ibis hotel near domestic terminal....even Accord hotel in Andheri east is a safe one to stay....

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,585 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Try Hotel Atithi or Hotel Accord, read the reviews first.

Edited: 11:13 pm, November 27, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe place to stay for wife in Mumbai for one night

Thank you all.

Will check up various hotels suggested.

This TripAdvisor is so useful and am grateful for the advice received from the people in the know. Hope I am able to help someone in future.

Thank you once again.