We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

attractions in mumbai

INDIA
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
attractions in mumbai

i will be coming to mumbai next on an official trip. will reach on sunday afternoon and would be staying near the international airport. Need suggestions on how best to spend second half of sunday on attractions, shopping and food

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: attractions in mumbai

I'd say you have two options. One is you head straight to South Mumbai. Go to Colaba, Gateway of India. Very good area to spend an evening. Top it off with a walk on Marine Drive in the evening followed by dinner.

Option 2 is head to Bandra West - Bandstand. Drive back from Carter Road - maybe a coffee stop. Head to Linking road after that for bargain shopping and then head to Juhu Beach for a good walk. Follow this by dinner at one of the many places in Juhu.

INDIA
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: attractions in mumbai

Thanks for the feedback. Considering it would be sunday would the traffic be really bad at both the locations ?

INDIA
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: attractions in mumbai

Would appreciate if somebody could help me with the options available for local conveyance. Should a first time visitor to Mumbai look for local taxis or would it be better to engage a private taxi for the whole trip

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: attractions in mumbai

Traffic situation would be much better in South Mumbai on Sunday since all the offices would be closed. In Bandra, it would not be so good, but Bandra is quite close to the airport.

I think you can rely on local taxis, no need to book a private car.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: attractions in mumbai

It's not very difficult to get public transport. Autos and taxis are quite available. However, if you are with family, you may find it more convenient to hire a car.

Sunday, the traffic wouldnt be too much. In Bandra you may get some traffic but in South Mumbai, roads should be relatively empty.

6. Re: attractions in mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 16, 2013