We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to buy pashminas

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Need to buy pashminas

Hi am hoping for help. We fly into Mumbai late at night and need to be at the international airport by 11.30am the following day. I would like to buy 10-15 very fine pashmina shawls. As the time is so short, and I don't want to pay airport or hotel prices, can anyone give me advice on the best hotel to stay at for proximity to the airport and shopping - or even better a shop to go to near the hotel.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to buy pashminas

I am not sure if any shops open so early. Most shops open around 10-10.30 am. So that wouldn't leave you time to shop and reach for your flight at 1130 am.

Edited: 12:24 am, September 14, 2012
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to buy pashminas

Also when you say you do not want to pay hotel prices - means what? What is the budget that you have in mind?

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to buy pashminas

Hello JWANDFB,

You really have very short time in Mumbai.I get your point that you do not want to pay the steep prices charged by hotel or the airport shops for procuring the same.Even most of the shops in the hotels shopping arcade also open late so you do not have enough time.But if very keen you can prearrange with some help in Mumbai so the shops may likely open up a bit early than usual opening hours or come & show up at the hotel where you will be staying in to accommodate you as you seem to be bulk buyer.

As to hotels around both the airports (International as well as Domestic) you have many choices from 5*to 3* to budget hotel to stay around. So once your budget is known can suggest some.

4. Re: Need to buy pashminas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 22, 2013