We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very Heavy Rain

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Very Heavy Rain

We have seen some very heavy rain today. The roads are in poor condition after last week's rain and will probably be worse tomorrow. There is heavy rain forecast for all of the week on Accuweather.com. Please budget generously for travel time to airport or Dadar Station or LTT

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Very Heavy Rain

Its OK for you guys in India, its only water.

Here, there are car parts falling from the sky . . .

Yes... Its raining Datsun cogs

Edited: 8:17 am, September 04, 2012
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Very Heavy Rain

Ha ha ha.

I did not know the reference how the phrase "Datsun cogs" came from.

I found it on the following links which are very good.

…statcounter.com/vb/…t-31494.html

exploroz.com/Forum/…DATSUN_COGS.aspx

Sanjiv

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Very Heavy Rain

Sanjiv hi.

Those references only go back to the 70's

I can go back as far as the 50's.

The midwife told me that joke, on my way into this world.

Nepal
13 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Very Heavy Rain

Weather is worse.. so far one have died in recent flash floods occurred due to heavy rainfall...More bad weather forecast as severe storms and torrential rain caused flash floods in parts of Mumbai, India. Rail services have been disrupted and homes left without power in parts of Mumbai and adjoining areas.

disaster-report.com/2012/09/mumbai-weather-i…

15. Re: Very Heavy Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, January 09, 2013
16. Re: Very Heavy Rain

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, February 05, 2013
17. Re: Very Heavy Rain

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 07, 2014