We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a Visa required ?

Dubai
2 posts
Save Topic
Is a Visa required ?

Hello, I will have a 6 hour layover in Mumbai as I continue to onward to Bangkok, I would like to leave the airport for a few hours just to pass some time and to see what I can of the city. Would I need a Visa to leave the airport?

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a Visa required ?

Hi,

Yes you will require a transit Visa to leave the airport. I would suggest that you reconsider though. It will take you an hour to clear immigration and customs, and at least another hour or two to get to the sights of the city due to traffic. I personally don't think its worth it. But if you do decide to go, you need a transit visa at the very least.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a Visa required ?

Yes you would definitely need a visa to pass the customs.

Dubai
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a Visa required ?

Thanks for your help, I've decided just to stay in the airport and avoid all the hassle. Thanks Again

Edited: 3:02 am, January 05, 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is a Visa required ?

I hope your inbound and outbound flight is with the same airline, else you may have a problem with collecting your baggage and checking it in again. Confirm with airline if you can book your luggage through to Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
5. Re: Is a Visa required ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, January 14, 2013