We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

Boston
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

we arrive by jet and have 6 hours to catch a flight at 3.20 by jet air to chennai.

from what the agent tells me there is practically nothing in the airport - barley a seat to sit.

i thought we could freshen up and get lunch at a hotel nearby.

please recommend a place with a comfortable lobby we can wait in , great food.

is it possible to walk there? get a taxi? a shuttle?

what time should we plan to be back for the flight at 3.20?

place for left luggage?

thank you.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

3.20, am or pm... pls be more specific... & some details will be great to know.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

Anyways,,, i found you a nice place to relax for a while... "Best Western: The Emerald" offers special rooms which you can stay in for 6hrs only, these rooms are mostly targeted at those that are in Mumbai on a business meeting or like you on a short stopover.

Currently the rate is Rs3872 ($84), which includes taxes + Courtesy One Way Airport Transfer & free Internet usage for 45 mins in the Business centre (this price is only available when booked online) - http://www.theemerald.com/

The hotel is located on the Tara Road in Juhu, about 12-15mins from the domestic airport.

Good Luck :)

Boston
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

arriving in the morning at around 9 and leaving at 3,45 PM. we really don't need a room for the day. night would make sense.

thanks for the information

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,463 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

If you are arriving in the morning at the international airport, then you will be done with customs/ immigration / baggage etc in about 30-40 minutes. Take the free shuttle to the domestic airport. It runs every 30 mins or so, and the transfer time is 15-20 minutes. I think you will arrive at the domestic airport finally by 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. There is a Cafe Coffee Day (http://www.cafecoffeeday.com/) at the domestic airport where you can relax, have a brownie or muffin or a snack with cold coffee or something like that. The airport is clean and modern and bright, there are also a couple of other small snack shops. Your agent is wrong, so after your trip, please tell them that, so they don't offer the same advice to other travellers.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

Hi as your flying with jet you can drop your bags of at there counter as soon as you get through customs which will leave you with your hand luggage if that is not possible then you can leave your luggage at the left luggage counter and it will taken from there to the domestic airport for you to pick up on arrival

So that now gives you around 4hrs to kill catch a prepaid taxi to juhu beach or bandra there are so many restaurants there and also some good shopping can be done and on returning allow 30mins taxi and 1.5hrs before your flight so 2hrs will be enough for a nice meal and alittle shopping try to catch the muru taxis back to the domestic airport or get use to the meter /card readings before you go

sharon

Boston
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

thank you all.

i am afraid i was not clear.

we are *arriving* at the *domestic* airport (santa cruz?) from aurnagabad in the morning, around 9 am. the jet air agent while i was booking the tickets said there is a coffee shop but not a big choice of eating places and i had vision of subsisting on samosas and chai all day and reach madras at 7.30 PM.

i am not sure if we can check our baggage thru at AWB to chennai. if they let me then fine, we're set. otherwise i will find out about left luggage.

my question is do we need to take a taxi and go into town, which i don't care to do since we would have already done bombay by then. what i want is a comfortable and nice lobby at a 5 star while we wait for our flight, a clean bathroom, and a good restaurant for lunch. it would be great if we can take a shuttle to one of these and it is close to the airport. i don't mind paying for the shuttle. sometimes hotels run these shuttle to and fro.

is this possible?

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

I guess the best option for you is the one i mentioned above,,, as even if you leave your baggages @ the domestic airport, but the charges are high + I'm not sure if this facility is available @ the domestic... Even if you think the airport is worth staying at for 6hrs,,, I'm curious how will you spend the time there... as it can get 'really boring' after few minutes.....

"Best Western: The Emerald" is a good 4star hotel in a good location... if you would like a true 5star with everything you mentioned, then look no further because JW Marriott is the one... very near to the airport & has a excellent reputation. marriott.co.uk/hotels/…

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,463 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

There are several hotels at the domestic airport, many within walking distance. These two are five-stars:

Sahara Star: http://www.saharastar.com/

Orchid: http://www.orchidhotel.com/

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

JW Mariott is also nearby (although not at a walking distance)....

It has a nice lounge, Lotus cafe which overlooks to Arabian sea from Large windows.... It has buffet Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.....

IMO, a great place to be.......

Boston
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to eat near Mumbai domestic airport

thank you, deepa.

this is exactly what i was looking for.