We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Mumbai

Williamsburg
6 posts
Save Topic
hotels in Mumbai

I have a choice of two hotels in Mumbai, Godwin and Sahil for the end of the year (4 nights). Can anyone please tell me anything about these places ? thanks.

india
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in Mumbai

I've not really heard of any of these. Where in mumbai are they located.

Calcutta
Level Contributor
284 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in Mumbai

Havent heard of them and Im a frequent traveller to Mumbai. I dont know what yr budget is - but I hope u r not being ripped off!

rome
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in Mumbai

Hotel Sahil is close to the main railway station bombay central. Its a decent hotel but I found it expensive. I was there in 1996 last time and paid around 60 USD for a night. It is also inconveniently located. Its neither close to the airport nor to the main touristic area (colaba). I will not recomend it. Go for a hotel that is either close to the airport (if you are flying from either the domestic or the international airport) or a hotel that is located in Colaba area, so that you can walk around and do both some sight-seeing and shopping. YMCA is popular choice (colaba area). There's another decent hotel right opposite the cottage industry shop behind the super Taj hotel.

Williamsburg
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in Mumbai

Thanks, Panu.

I have booked in another hotel named Fariyas which is in Colaba. I hope this is a good hotel close to everything. We have 3 days stay in Mumbai, can anyone suggest what are the interesting things to see and do in Mumbai in this time frame. Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in Mumbai

check some of the old posts in the mumbai forum, the information is all there.

Mumbai
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in Mumbai

Would a servise apt. in South Mumbai, about 6 kms. from Fariyas interest you. Visit www.expatriates.com for details.

Fremont
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in Mumbai

Hi Alpha-icon, I am also looking for a place for my mom to stay while she's in south mumbai for medical checkup - any recommendations - I looked at expatriates.com but couldn't find anything - any tips - looking for something that's reasonable (either a furnished apt. or anything close to breech candy hospital.)

THanks

8. Re: hotels in Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 26, 2005