We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good tailors for ladies shalwaar kameez in colaba

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good tailors for ladies shalwaar kameez in colaba

Can anyone recommend good tailors for ladies shalwaar kameez in colaba - how long do they generally take - and the general costs.

And would it better in terms of cost/timescales to use tailors in Bandra or Khar area. If yes, any suggestions for good, reliable tailors?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good tailors for ladies shalwaar kameez in colaba

One of the best tailors for ladies I have encountered is Michele Boutique in Colaba. If my memory is correct, it is on a side street behind the Taj on Mandlik Road. It took less than 48 hours (perhaps just one day) to get an outfit made for me. I had a very detailed, western style cocktail suit made (in silk). It cost me $60 USD back in December 2006. Across the street is a men's tailors and I don't recall what it was called, but I had a nice business suit made for $250 USD -- lined and in Italian fabric.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good tailors for ladies shalwaar kameez in colaba

These days many women prefer to pick up ready made Indian wear since it's so widely and easily avaiable and in most sizes. Shops like Fabindia, Lifestyle, Westside, Shoppers Stop etc. have these in many styles and sizes. It's also becoming increasingly difficult to get good tailors who deliver on time. So, do have a look at the readymade stuff....

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good tailors for ladies shalwaar kameez in colaba

Thanks to all.

4. Re: Good tailors for ladies shalwaar kameez in colaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, October 14, 2009