We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

I am having major problems booking Residency hotel. Can you advise which of the above hotels above would be the best choice - Not alot on Banzeer Hotel but Bentleys and New Bengal have had good and bad reviews.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

I personally do not like the location of New Bengal (adjacent to Crawford Market) and would advise against it.

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

Banzeer is woking out cheaper then New Bengal. From what i have read New Bengal should be cheaper.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

I have been inside New Bengal and checked out several rooms. It is a dump. Please don't go there. Bentleys is better, although it's nothing to write home about either. It's shabby.

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

Don't suppose you have been to Banzeer? I will have to try ring Residency and get them to take details over the phone.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

Do that because the Residency is really where you should be staying. Most people have problems communicating with them over email and complain about lack of response. Don't let that deter you. Call them up.

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

Thank You i will try that. It's frustrating because when i orginally called them duw to the fact that i had no response to my email they confirmed they have availability for the days i need. But then later in the morning finally got response to my email and they said they haven't go availability.

I Know they have because i have been on some sites to book the rooms with them and all of them have said room is available. But it's going to cost me loads more booking through them. Alot cheaper to book directly.

I'm having the same problems with dubai.

Will ring them in the morning. Will let you know how it goes.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

New Bengal is worth it for the money since it is much less than the cost of the Residency. If you can call up the Residency and book on the phone there will be nothing like it. It is usually full so see if you can get through on the website and book online and not by email. Benazeer is fine too but not as clean and comfortable as the Residency even though it is just next to the Residency building. The Bentley is a bit too old but is still prefered due to the location next to the Gateway of India. Have you tried the YWCA International Center or is it already full for the dates you want it? You can always ask for the dormitory which is just a double room with two persons sharing it. The price for the dormitory bed is about Rs750. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aadil.

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

Thanks. I will just book it through their website. YWCA has been on my list but from reading another forum they require Banker's draft which will cost us £20 to do over here. Shame they don't take credit card bookings.

This is turning into total nightmare. If it comes to it i will just have to book expensive hotel which i can't really afford but cleaness is major issue for me and safety.

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

Just want to say big thank you for all your advice and to let you know that i have finally booked the Residency hotel.

Though they emailed me back saying no avalibility whenever i went to other hotel sights they were saying it was available.

I then emailed Residency again and stated all the information they require that's noted on their website - name, address, Nationality, date of birth, Passport number and arriving departure dates.

I said i had just telephoned them and they confirmed they had availbility and as requested emailed the name etc. I had called a week before and then emailed them and got email about no avalibility so i did kind of lie but it worked they emailed me back they had availability.

I then rang to give credit card details and the guy said it was not required as i was checking in at 12 not 2pm. I found this strange and insisted he take my credit card details which he did. (they won't take money from account unless you dont turn up). I then emailed them to state that i had just phoned them and gave secure booking wanted a email confirming the booking which they did. Though the guy said i didn't need to give credit card details i was not going to tthe risk of turning up and not having a room.

They offer the service of transfers for Rs900. This is bit steep.

The main thing is i have finally managed to book the hotel though it's been hard work to get through to them but alot cheaper then going through other companies. though i would let you know how i managed to get booking as it might help others who have problems getting through to hotels

Thanks again

10. Re: Banazeer, Bentleys or New Bengal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, September 09, 2009