We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suba Palace Hotel, Mumbai

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Suba Palace Hotel, Mumbai

Just spent a week there, my third time at the Suba Palace since 2003. Rates in March 2007 are aboput 3000 rupees for a double and 2500 for a single. Breakfast and taxes are included in the room rate. Good security, rooms are off enclosed corridors with a doorman at the front entrance.

It is clean, modern, great location, friendly and efficient staff.

And honest staff. On my last visit I left my travel wallet with passport, cash and travelers' checks in the breakfast room. Before I reached my room the waiter had returned it to reception and there was a message waiting for me to come pick it up.

South Australian...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Suba Palace Hotel, Mumbai

Thank you SO much for that post! We're staying there in December, and although we had heard good reports, ther'es nothing like firsthand experiences!!

A couple of questions,

What sort of range do they have for breakfasts?

What good shopping places did you find nearby?

What eateries would you recommend?

Did you happen to go to Tandulkar's? My hubby's a cricket fanatic, and is determined to go there!

Cheers, Thanks for any feedback

Fiona

South Australian...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suba Palace Hotel, Mumbai

Thank you SO much for that post! We're staying there in December, and although we had heard good reports, ther'es nothing like firsthand experiences!!

A couple of questions,

What sort of range do they have for breakfasts?

What good shopping places did you find nearby?

What eateries would you recommend?

Did you happen to go to Tandulkar's? My hubby's a cricket fanatic, and is determined to go there!

Cheers, Thanks for any feedback

Fiona

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suba Palace Hotel, Mumbai

Fiona

Breakfast is buffet help yourself. western style consists of cornflakes, toast, jam, butter, tea, coffee, juice and fruit which today (I'm still there) was watermelon and pineapple. Also there is a full range Indian breakfast which is a bit too spicy for my taste.

Local restaurants, try Leopold's around the corner in Colaba Causeway. It is a traveller's hang-out and Cafe Mondegar, also around the corner on the Causeway.. There are many other restaurants in the vicinity, and it is the same with shopping, you will overdose on choices. You can also go around the corner to the Taj Mahal Hotel if you want to see some pricey shops, cafe and restaurant prices, check it out.

IIdidn't make it to Tendulkars, but Leopolds has a large screen TV showing the World Cup and cricket is played everywhere.

The Suba is currently renovaying, it should all be finished by the time you arrive.

A local Indian friend says in the markets tourists are now being quoted about three time the real price so bargain accordingly.

4. Re: Suba Palace Hotel, Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 21, 2009