We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit mysore in Sept to Oct

RJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
visit mysore in Sept to Oct

I probably visit Mysore from the late sept to Oct. But somebody told me it's hard to find a place to sleep this season, because of the big festival.

Is that true? If it's true, how hard to find a hotel to sleep? Or if I am not interested in theis festival particulary, better to evitate this time?

Georgia
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: visit mysore in Sept to Oct

Everyone has given some great advice. Mysore would make a nice, but longer, day trip from Bangalore. One would best get a better feel for Mysore, if one stayed two days. However, as others have stated, Mysore is pretty booked during the October holidays. It is a wonderful festival. I have never been, but hope to visit some day.

I've traveled to Mysore in April, October and November. I have family there, but I reside in the US. My husband and I have also adopted two children from India.

My mother was raised on a coffee plantation in Coorg - I HIGHLY suggest that as a destination. It is one of my favorite spots in India.

Happy travels,

Heidi

12. Re: visit mysore in Sept to Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 24, 2009