We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore to Mysore in October

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Bangalore to Mysore in October

Hi all,

I have been looking on KSTDC website but unfortunately the tour for 3 days to Mysore have been fully booked.

Anyone know any other tour operators that operate from Bangalore to Mysore in between 11 October to 14 October?

Or can I get a customized 2 days tour to Mysore from a private tour operator? Looking at a budget of below 10k rupees with accommodation for 3 persons.

I have been to Bangalore 4 times but I haven't visited mysore yet. Or is there any other short tours that can be covered in 2/3 days within a 10-12k rupees budget with accommodation?

Thanks.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangalore to Mysore in October

October is peak tourist season in Mysore due to world famous Mysore Dasara.

Other than KSTDC,you can avail plenty of other travel operators who operate regular tours to Mysore.Else,you can book a cab from Bengaluru,cover all the places & get back to Bengaluru.

Other option is to travel to Mysore by train or bus & cover the local places thru local sightseeing buses being run during Dasara & return back to Bengaluru at your own leisure.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
878 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangalore to Mysore in October

Hi

You can 'google' and find many tour operators doing Bangalore-Mysore packages.

Regards

Sam Varghese

Groowynd Holidays

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangalore to Mysore in October

Hi,

What would be the approximate cost for three person to do a day trip, or a 2 days 1 night from Bangalore to Mysore through private hire?

I have an elder mom with me so I would not want to risk her sitting to long on a bad condition bus.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangalore to Mysore in October

The inventory of online tickets is restricted and so you may get seats if you take a chance at the sattelite bus stand at Bangalore. There are also two flybus services from Bangalore airport to Mysore.

You could also book trains and the Shatabdi and Tippu are the most convenient. Online booking is possible.

Taking a car will not fit within your overall budget.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangalore to Mysore in October

Hi,

The taxi charges are calculated at minimum 250 kms. per day basis & the charges start from around Rs.8.00 per km. upwards.

Cheaper options are the trains or Volvo buses.

6. Re: Bangalore to Mysore in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 11, 2014