We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangalore-mysore-bangalore

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
bangalore-mysore-bangalore

Hi I am taking a 5day trip arriving in Bangalore 7th March departing on the 11th....I need help organising a tour of what to see and where to stay...would like to visit Belur and Helebid as well as around Mysore....would it be possible to fit in Croog?

Cally

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangalore-mysore-bangalore

Hi 3Cally51,

According to me, your itenerary tends to get a little "cramped" in case you include all the destinations you mentioned within the limited number of days available to you. There are pretty good number of tourist attactions in Mysore and Coorg and would take longer to cover everything.

The destinations approximately form a quadrilateral and I would do a Bangalore - Mysore - Coorg - Belur/Halebidu -Bangalore(not impossible if well planned). If you are short of time and rest, better do a Bangalore - Mysore - Coorg- Bangalore, since Mysore is anyways on the way to Coorg.

Take care and have a great trip and pleasant stay.

Edited: 11:57 pm, January 23, 2012
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangalore-mysore-bangalore

Well you can fit in Coorg , but it might be hectic for some people.

7th: Arrive at Bangalore early morning . Reach Mysore by evening and check in at one of the hotels. 8th: 1 full day trip to mysore and nearby places in Tourism Dept run buses.

9th: 1 full day trip to Belur, Halebidu , Sharavanbelagola in Tourism Dept run buses from Mysore

10th: start early morning for Madikeri(Coorg) . on the way stop at local attractions of Coorg . do a night stay in a homestay rather than hotel to enjoy the wilderness of Coorg. 11th : Start early to enjoy a drive inside the Nagarhole Tiger Reserve . reach Bangalore by evening and directly to the airport.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangalore-mysore-bangalore

btw,you can also do a 1 day trip to to Madikeri, but as i said , its not enough to enjoy the place. but if you do it , you can also manage a half day city tour of Bangalore before you board the train/flight on 11th assuming its in the evening. i have kept Mysore as the 1st night stay as its almost at the center of allthese places.

Edited: 12:36 am, January 24, 2012
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangalore-mysore-bangalore

Hi...most appreciated...thanks for the info ...it sounds like it may be too short a time to do all I expected as I arrive Bangalore 09.00 and leave 14.00....

perhaps If I can arrange a tour guide with a driver?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bangalore-mysore-bangalore

Hi Cally

I've posted as off to Bangalore pre Goa again to stay with my Dad who lives there. Easter 2013. We'll get the Jet Konnect flight to Goa after 2 nights there. Any tips/places to see?

Nick

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bangalore-mysore-bangalore

One option you have is to include Somnathpur from Bangalore and then head for Mysore and extend to Coorg and back. This will cut your journey time and you would get a very good flavour of Hoysala architecture ( which is what Belur and Halebid are famous for) . You would need a minimum of two nights at Mysore. You could consider heading to Coorg for an overnight stay and head back staying at Dubare Elephant camp and taking in the Buddhist Monastery at Bylakuppe and a visit to a coffee plantation.Head back via Srirangapatnam to Bangalore

7. Re: bangalore-mysore-bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, December 14, 2013